Notifications

Piece of Crap  

RSS

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
October 17, 2020 6:35 pm  

Coach Gumby and I participated in this guys Spring League for years. His son played for us one season. I gave him rides often.

They folded last April and issued no refunds to 100's of families. They tried to screw me on practice fields the first two years so I took them to Court...and won. He and his Brother ran Leagues in multiple States. 

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/football-coach-arrested-accused-of-attempted-sex-assault-of-10-year-old-boy?fbclid=IwAR2zXgFg1CDRAEl9OxSxbvy8rWHqe7H-5yPecXbqmjlQ6vUl5zHw1nIOWco

This topic was modified 3 days ago by mahonz

What is beautiful, lives forever.

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 17, 2020 8:19 pm  

I just wish, wish, wish, that I could have at least one hour alone with that guy.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
October 18, 2020 12:49 am  

I'm struggling with this. His son was one of our guys. His world has been destroyed. I have to wonder what went on with him behind closed doors. His father is VERY well known locally by all the football guys. Now, this poor kid has to face them at school. Who knows what they are saying to him? Who knows what this kid is thinking they are saying/thinking about him?

I'm going to preface this next thought with the fact that I'm 1/2 Vietnamese, lest anyone think this is anti-Asian. Kid was adopted. White kid adopted by an Asian immigrant. I don't know why that was strange to me . . . but it was. Usually the other way around in my experience. There were other things that were "off" to me with the dad/son relationship. Can't put my finger on it, but just a gut feeling at the time. As with Mahonz, gave the kid a ride home several times. To me, some of the conversations were . . . "off"?

My heart breaks for the victim and all the potential victims, but it breaks hard for the son because I know him.

Something else that never added up until now. Hmong refugee comes to the US sometime between 1975 and 1982, establishes himself in the community. Successful in business. Very active leader in the local Hmong Christian community. And starts a football league??? Never made sense to me. I have aunts, uncles, cousins and a grandmother that were all "boat people", so I'm familiar with the Southeast Asian immigrant community. Besides this guy, never heard of a Vietnamese, Montagnard, or Hmong starting a sports league of any kind.  Generalizing here, but that community doesn't view sports the same way Americans do. Most figure you should be spending your time studying or working.

When his son played for us, I remember some things sliding on the Spring football league because Sax was off in Minnesota kicking off N2 Sports. This was an organization that provided recreational basketball and flag football leagues, camps, clinics, etc. Now it all makes sense. What better way for a deranged monster to have access to kids than church and sports?

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 18, 2020 2:12 am  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

What better way for a deranged monster to have access to kids than church and sports?

Bingo.  

And he just made it that much more difficult for the rest of us to do our jobs.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
October 18, 2020 10:30 pm  

Unfathomable to me how someone could do that. I hope that, if guilty, he gets what is coming to him, which includes a lot of bad prison stuff.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
October 19, 2020 8:02 am  

How horribly Sad.  

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
32wedge
(@32wedge)
Silver Moderator
Virginia
Middle School
Only / Head Coach
October 19, 2020 10:04 am  
Posted by: @coachdp

I just wish, wish, wish, that I could have at least one hour alone with that guy.

--Dave

I am sure you don't need any help, but I want to be there with you and I think we should invite the 10 years old's dad also.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 19, 2020 10:41 am  
Posted by: @32wedge

I am sure you don't need any help, but I want to be there with you and I think we should invite the 10 years old's dad also.

Agree.  The 10-year-old's dad has the right to be there.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

32wedge liked
ReplyQuote
Share: