Pop Warner Champion...

Notifications
Clear all

Pop Warner Championship Games

Page 2 / 8

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I can understand how a team can go unscored upon in their league....And I can understand why that same team can go to Disney and get skunked big time...Beyond the differences in competition do you have a theory as to why that is?

The differences in competition is a big factor. I coach in Florida where Pop Warner in king. My conference is very competitive as are many in Florida. Florida does very well every year at nationals. We have clocked a few teams at Disney while struggling in conference games. Some areas of the country just don't have the same talent level or the kids play in other leagues. And it would not be fare to say that some teams are not very ethical about how they form their squads. I know for a fact that some teams get the season weight gains up front and some teams hold tryouts. It is hard to compete against that no matter how good you are.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

When I coached at MH we had a great run, what we found was that it wasn't the talent level but the coaching level. One season our first game was against a team from Houston TX. They were 14-0, & looked loaded in warm ups. It was 38-0, at the 1/2. While they were extremely talented, they were poorly coached. They simply got waxed all 3 games at the Nationals.

Every year you knew by the coaches & organizations who was going to be competitive.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

When I coached at MH we had a great run, what we found was that it wasn't the talent level but the coaching level. One season our first game was against a team from Houston TX. They were 14-0, & looked loaded in warm ups. It was 38-0, at the 1/2. While they were extremely talented, they were poorly coached. They simply got waxed all 3 games at the Nationals.

Every year you knew by the coaches & organizations who was going to be competitive.

Joe

On day I hope to get on that level. Right now I am on closer to the level of the 14-0 team than where you were with MH.

ReplyQuote
budfos
(@budfos)
Bronze

I am not saying that they are not but I have heard similar talk before just to see a team get smashed. Most teams at nationals are machines. That is why they are there.

I hear you coach, but that team has clocked everybody this year INCLUDING DC/MD in regionals.  You and I both know that anybody coming out of Florida and the Eastern Region are battled tested so it's not a matter of rolling through a weak conference/region.  It's football so anything can happen, but team from Florida will be the only team that has a shot to slow down that machine.

ReplyQuote
cbrm
 cbrm
(@cbrm)
Silver

Looking forward to that. The coach seems like a good dude. Said their offense is influenced by Darlington, Doc Ward and Sean Orr.

Lots of these teams running out of of I formation variations. Thought I would see teams with along more deception, but seeing a lot more straight up power running with these teams.

You'll most likely meet 2 of the 3 guys you mentioned in a few months, and Aztecs are always well represented. 🙂

Do right by Him, and you'll do right by them.

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze
Topic starter  

You'll most likely meet 2 of the 3 guys you mentioned in a few months, and Aztecs are always well represented. 🙂

Looking forward to it Coach! Following the Conclave thread for any updates.

ReplyQuote
budfos
(@budfos)
Bronze

Aztecs have a great program BUT this is actually the first time they have had a team in  Disney since they won D2 JPW in 2004. 

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

Wow really disappointed in the way Fair Park carried themselves in the D2 Midget Semi Final a player ejected and the sideline spiraled out of control. Its also brutal to listen to these announcers. They are terrible they dont know the rules or policies.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

PSL advances in a close game and the team that beat us wins big again. Frustrating that we were that close to winning.

ReplyQuote
cbrm
 cbrm
(@cbrm)
Silver

Aztecs have a great program BUT this is actually the first time they have had a team in  Disney since they won D2 JPW in 2004.

Sorry, I was vague on that... I meant they are always well represented at the SW Conclave

Do right by Him, and you'll do right by them.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

Really enjoyed watching the D2 Jr. Midget team out of Loveland, Colorado. Very good passing, nice running game and good blocking.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Really enjoyed watching the D2 Jr. Midget team out of Loveland, Colorado. Very good passing, nice running game and good blocking.

They are playing my buddy in the NC game Friday. Loveland is running Murphs shotgun dw and they run it very well. My header has helped out the Loveland guys a bunch in the past. Good group of coaches from what I understand. They put up a bunch of points. PSL has their hands full for sure.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

They are playing my buddy in the NC game Friday. Loveland is running Murphs shotgun dw and they run it very well. My header has helped out the Loveland guys a bunch in the past. Good group of coaches from what I understand. They put up a bunch of points. PSL has their hands full for sure.

I am really looking forward to watching that game on Friday. I didnt get to see PSL at Regionals. But I did watch their game earlier this week. Should be a great game. They dodged a huge bullet yesterday on that missed XP in Overtime.

Both teams seem extremely well coached and organized. Should be a terrific game.

ReplyQuote
budfos
(@budfos)
Bronze

the Aztec JPW machine moves on to the championship game 33-6.  Their closest game of the season and first time opponent hasn't gone on the clock.  Gwen Cherry has its hands full on Saturday. 

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

the Aztec JPW machine moves on to the championship game 33-6.  Their closest game of the season and first time opponent hasn't gone on the clock.  Gwen Cherry has its hands full on Saturday.

Coach I think this has the makings of a great game. I think North Philly also has its hands full. Gwen Cherry is a solid team.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share: