Notifications
Clear all

Pop Warner guys

MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
Topic starter  

What are Pop Warner regulations for switching programs. I've been told that you can switch if the father becomes a coach(for the new league) but the current organization needs to sign a release. Anybody know?

mrdeadeye
(@mrdeadeye)
Silver

I don't think there is a pop warner rule per say nationally..i think its something they leave up to the local conference.

IN our conference...I have seen alot of kids move here and there...and nobody really cares.

Winners Make it Happen

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

What are Pop Warner regulations for switching programs. I've been told that you can switch if the father becomes a coach(for the new league) but the current organization needs to sign a release. Anybody know?

It comes down to boundaries

If your program is in boundary A and Kid is in A but plays in B no waver needed.

If kid lives in B and wants to play for A then org B needs to sign a release fir that player to go to A

If its just a coach and no kid then theres no waivers to my knowledge

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
Topic starter  

So if player lives in A and played for A last year but dad has been offered a coaching job in B---can the player go without a release?

ReplyQuote
mrdeadeye
(@mrdeadeye)
Silver

Zach,
  Is that a national rule? Or just one that your region/conference goes by?
TW

Winners Make it Happen

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

So if player lives in A and played for A last year but dad has been offered a coaching job in B---can the player go without a release?

No, you must release him

Im 99% sure we had national visit our meeting last month and they were talking about waivers. Its governed locally , but national is specific about this to avoid potentional multi area all star. teams

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

If you dont release him he plays with you, if the other org contests it they go through chain if command in your league

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

It's a national rule.  The former org must sign a release.  We have a copy of the form available on our website.  The exception is if the player has moved to a new boundary, or he has sat out one season.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
budfos
(@budfos)
Bronze

It comes down to boundaries

If your program is in boundary A and Kid is in A but plays in B no waver needed.

If kid lives in B and wants to play for A then org B needs to sign a release fir that player to go to A

If its just a coach and no kid then theres no waivers to my knowledge

boundaries?  what are those?  seriously though what defines the boundaries for your league Zach?  Is it  by school district? 

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

boundaries?  what are those?  seriously though what defines the boundaries for your league Zach?  Is it  by school district?

Yes ours is school district, i know liberty has different rumor had it, it was zip code based in philly i dont know how you govern that.

My org will sign a waiver for anyone we just want the boys playing ball other orgs arent so willing.

ReplyQuote
CRM1241
(@crm1241)
Copper

I believe the process for waivers is national, but each region sets their own boundaries. Locally we have several teams in a single city, and it can be pretty contentious at times. If you think gerrymandering is limited to government politics think again!

You are not required to sign a waiver, and many teams locally do not. The primary reason given is that the loss of kids would prevent associations from fielding teams at a various levels. I suspect it is the more talented kids that are being "recruited", which is a factor as well.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Each conference determines the boundaries of their orgs.  We've gone through the process and it is laborious.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachMattC
(@coachmattc)
Gold

Just to stir the pot, do you wanna come coach for us?  😉

The rule is national like others have said, but enforcement is up to the local conference. I think our conference (mid-florida) has actually done a pretty good job policing this stuff over the last couple years.

‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The rule is national like others have said, but enforcement is up to the local conference.

Correct.  Our conference does not enforce the rule, namely because there have been practically no issues about it.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
MiamiHuskers
(@harmony)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Just to stir the pot, do you wanna come coach for us?  😉

The rule is national like others have said, but enforcement is up to the local conference. I think our conference (mid-florida) has actually done a pretty good job policing this stuff over the last couple years.

oooh, the plot thickens LOL

ReplyQuote
Share: