Pop Warner Sportsma...

Notifications
Clear all

Pop Warner Sportsmanship Award

coachdoug
(@coachdoug)
Gold
Topic starter  

My team won the The Brax-Pop Warner Sportsmanship Award, which is given annually to a team in each division of play who demonstrates good sportsmanship both on the field and throughout the Walt Disney World Resort during Super Bowl Week.  Pretty cool that someone actually noticed that our kids were well-behaved, good sports and generally did the right things throughout the time we were in Orlando.  It really seemed at times like we were the only team really trying to follow all the rules, lol.

I find it odd, though, that no one from Pop Warner National has contacted me in any way (not even a form email) to tell me our team won this award.  I only found out because I got an email from our conference commissioner.

http://www.popwarnersb.com/14superbowl/sportsmanship.asp

We're the La Jolla Torreys (Unlimited)

Video clips: www.youtube.com/footballcoachdoug
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/footballcoachdoug

CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

Congrats Doug. I saw the announcment on Facebook the other day and wondered if that was your team. Really cool. I thnk there are only 5 or 6 people that work for Nationals so while its disappointing that no one contacted you directly I am not surprised at this time of the year.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
seanie12
(@seanie12)
Copper

Congratulations Doug,

You should be extremely proud of your team.  "Attitude Reflects Leadership" kudos to you and your coaches on the award.

ReplyQuote
tsilverman
(@tsilverman)
Copper

That is outstanding Doug!  The cherry on the top of a great season!

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Congrats Doug. That is a great honor. We won it in 2010. It didn't mean a whole lot to the kids but it was pretty cool for the staff. We were notified while we were there. There was not a presentation(which I thought was lame as it really is a big deal imo) but my header was informed by our regional president. I remember the regional pres saying that he thought the sportsmanship awards meant more to what we were doing as coaches than the nationals championships. I full-heartedly agree. Congrats again and great job.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I find it odd, though, that no one from Pop Warner National has contacted me in any way (not even a form email) to tell me our team won this award.

Typical of PW.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

There was not a presentation(which I thought was lame as it really is a big deal imo)

Typical of PW.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

My team won the The Brax-Pop Warner Sportsmanship Award, which is given annually to a team in each division of play who demonstrates good sportsmanship both on the field and throughout the Walt Disney World Resort during Super Bowl Week.

I'm not surprised that your team won it.  It's a huge honor.  Congratulations.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Share: