Practice vests/pinn...

Notifications

Practice vests/pinnies  

RSS

asu39
(@asu39)
Copper
August 27, 2017 2:33 pm  

What do you guys use for practice vests/pinnies that will fit well over shoulder pads? I see tons of options on Amazon but I want to get a good size that fits youth and shoulder pads.

jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond
August 27, 2017 2:52 pm  

We've been using the over the helmet beanies for years.  Simpler.  Still can be a pain in the ass, but IMO better than the vests.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
August 27, 2017 3:00 pm  

Definitely the helmet deal instead of the jersey deal.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
jvcoach
(@jvcoach)
Bronze
August 27, 2017 4:01 pm  

I use the beanies.  Once I teach the kids to work together to put them on it is pretty easy.  Way easier than scrimmage vests.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
August 27, 2017 5:09 pm  

Helmet beanies. I only use a pinnie for a kid that should not be hit.

ReplyQuote
asu39
(@asu39)
Copper
August 27, 2017 6:09 pm  

Interesting that you guys all like the beanies. We have them but they're such a pain in the ass to put on and keep on. And I don't feel like they do a good enough job of differentiating scout team from real team when there's bodies flying everywhere.

ReplyQuote
flexbone
(@flexbone)
Bronze
August 27, 2017 7:11 pm  

Interesting that you guys all like the beanies. We have them but they're such a pain in the ass to put on and keep on. And I don't feel like they do a good enough job of differentiating scout team from real team when there's bodies flying everywhere.

I'm the same as you on this one. Let me know if you find good quality/pricing scrimmage vests

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum
August 27, 2017 9:36 pm  

Helmet deals all day long, every day...so much easier than the jerseys.

Only exception would be if you had a dedicated scout team that you could just issue different color jerseys to and never worry about them trying to put them on or take them off during practice.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Share: