Notifications
Clear all

Ripped Off by a Dum Coach Forum Member

Page 1 / 8

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

This is a heads up for anyone who has considered doing business with Layne Schroeder who goes by the forum handle of "Coachschro."  Back in December, he said that he was selling his Glenn Harris DVD series.  I sent him a PM.

Glenn Harris DVDs
Sent to: Coachschro on: December 21, 2014, 06:40:54 PM
Do you still have them for sale?

--Dave

Re: Glenn Harris DVDs
Sent to: CoachDP on: December 22, 2014, 05:07:53 AM
Yes. I've had a lot of questions but no one has committed to buying them yet.

Sent to: Coachschro on: December 22, 2014, 11:14:28 AM
How much did you want for them?

--Dave

Sent to: CoachDP on: December 23, 2014, 07:10:57 PM
I paid $150, I think they are still priced at that... I'll take $75...

Sent to: Coachschro on: December 23, 2014, 07:23:44 PM » ReplyQuoteDelete
Ok, tell me where to send it.  My mailing address is:

Dave Potter
xxx xxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx
Wake Forest, NC  27587

Sent to: CoachDP on: December 23, 2014, 07:52:55 PM
I would like to do it through paypal. Protects both of us. You can send it via paypal to coachschro@yahoo.com

Sent to: Coachschro on: December 23, 2014, 07:59:52 PM
I just took care of it through Paypal.  $75.

--Dave

Five days later, I sent this:

Sent to: Coachschro on: December 28, 2014, 09:58:25 PM
Can you tell me the status of the DVDs?  Thanks.

--Dave

Sent to: CoachDP on: December 29, 2014, 11:13:48 AM
Coach,
We got home from Christmas last night. I will get it sent out today and message you the tracking info.
thanks...

Sent to: Coachschro on: December 29, 2014, 12:37:45 PM
Outstanding!  Thank you Coach.

--Dave

After still not receiving them, I sent this two weeks later:

Sent to: Coachschro on: January 13, 2015, 07:13:10 PM
Layne,

Let me know when they're shipped, so I know when to look for them.  Thanks.

--Dave

Sent to: CoachDP on: January 13, 2015, 02:56:36 PM
Coach,
I'm so embarrassed. I have been on the site in a while and I completely forgot. I will get those sent out to you. Once again I apologize.
Layne

After another nine days passed, I sent this:

Sent to: Coachschro on: January 22, 2015, 09:20:14 AM
Layne,

Will you just refund my $75 back to my Paypal account?  I'd like to buy the DVDs elsewhere since I have no timeline as to when you will send them.

--Dave

I never received the DVDs, nor did he return my money or respond to anymore emails.  The lesson here is, know who you're dealing with.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

Do you need us to hunt him down and make him pay? I have found people with less info.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Do you need us to hunt him down and make him pay? I have found people with less info.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

A search of his name (Layne Schroeder) will bring up some interesting information.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Dave,

Did he send you a paypal invoice? Can you explain to me the details of how the purchase was made? I do a lot of business via paypal.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Wow. Just did the google search. Yikes.

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold

Wow. Just did the google search. Yikes.

Yikes doesn't quite say it. More like WTF??!!

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

A search of his name (Layne Schroeder) will bring up some interesting information.

--Dave

But no one will post said interesting information here, right?

There are laws regarding this.  They vary from state to state but, whatever they are anywhere, we don't want to get involved in them. 

But we can discuss banning him from the forum.  Just not on that "interesting information". 

So, if DP met him here and responded to an ad here, he's gone.  Pretty simple.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

But no one will post said interesting information here, right?

There are laws regarding this.  They vary from state to state but, whatever they are anywhere, we don't want to get involved in them. 

But we can discuss banning him from the forum.  Just not on that "interesting information". 

So, if DP met him here and responded to an ad here, he's gone.  Pretty simple.

I obstained so as not to slander someone, in the possibility that it's a different person w/ the same name.

But I agree, that if he's to be banned, it should be for burning Dave. That said, if he's banned could be tuff to contact him & work it out. So i'd suggest waiting a couple weeks.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

On a separate side note, should we have a policy here on attacking people by their real names?

IMO, anyone who markets is fair game.  DP is 100% good on exposing a shy-lock with me but another coach disagreed and PM'd me on this.  So what if someone starts posting "interesting" football background point on some other member here that took place off the field?  Are we good with that?

Personally, I can see allowing it as it allows the aggrieved party to respond whereas, if we just PM behind his back by policy, he'll never know what's being said about him.  In this particular case, naming the individual serves to 1) notify others and 2) allow him to reply.  But suppose an unproven accusation was repeated here?  Would that not, in fact, be grounds for banning the person who repeated the gossip/slander?

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

On a separate side note, should we have a policy here on attacking people by their real names?

IMO, anyone who markets is fair game.  DP is 100% good on exposing a shy-lock with me but another coach disagreed and PM'd me on this.  So what if someone starts posting "interesting" football background point on some other member here that took place off the field?  Are we good with that?

Personally, I can see allowing it as it allows the aggrieved party to respond whereas, if we just PM behind his back by policy, he'll never know what's being said about him.  In this particular case, naming the individual serves to 1) notify others and 2) allow him to reply.  But suppose an unproven accusation was repeated here?  Would that not, in fact, be grounds for banning the person who repeated the gossip/slander?

It's a slippery slope. Depends on the source for me.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

Dave, did you contact paypal about the situation?

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dave,

Did he send you a paypal invoice? Can you explain to me the details of how the purchase was made? I do a lot of business via paypal.

Did he send me an invoice, no?  I sent $75 to his Paypal account.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dave, did you contact paypal about the situation?

No.  I looked at their dispute rules and they suggest contacting the seller and working something out.  That'd be fine IF he'd reply to my contact and would work something out.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

In this particular case, naming the individual serves to 1) notify others and 2) allow him to reply.

Which is why I posted this.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8
Share: