Ripped Off by a Dum...

Notifications
Clear all

Ripped Off by a Dum Coach Forum Member

Page 2 / 8

COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Did he send me an invoice, no?  I sent $75 to his Paypal account.

--Dave

When purchasing goods, ALWAYS have an invoice sent, that way you have a record to prove what the money was for.

That said, give them a call, tell em the situation, and it's possible they put a hold on the $ while you dispute it. Unfortunately you can directly prove what the $75 was for, but it's worth a shot.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

I like this :

But over $70 I might just want a sorry and my money back lol

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum

DC -

I think the info that is out there should be made known. This is a YOUTH forum. This info does not appear to be an opinion or gossip. I get that....and that should have no place. But this is something that is not debatable. Since this is a YOUTH forum I think if anything like that comes to light the person should not be allowed on this site. This site encourages and helps YOUTH coaches. Someone of that repute should not be around YOUTH and/or this forum.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

I did a tape trade with Coach Teed a couple of years back.  I sent him about a dozen dvds and got nothing in return.  After a ton of emails he finally just started ignoring me and blocked my email address.  Through our conversations he had told me he sent them, and resent them, but never had any proof that he had mailed them.  Then he blocked my email address.

People can really suck, but it just feels a bit worse when it is another coach that sticks it to you.

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

I think the info that is out there should be made known. This is a YOUTH forum. This info does not appear to be an opinion or gossip. I get that....and that should have no place. But this is something that is not debatable. Since this is a YOUTH forum I think if anything like that comes to light the person should not be allowed on this site. This site encourages and helps YOUTH coaches. Someone of that repute should not be around YOUTH and/or this forum.

If it's the same person, why would you not want to help him unload his coaching materials?  If somebody was an incorrigible bad or drunk driver, wouldn't you want to help him sell his car?

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond

DC -

I'm agreed.

But did Dave connect up with Coachschro through this forum?

Because he either did or he didn't.  If Coachschro offered DP his DVD's via this forum in a public post, then he's guilty of false advertising.  Advertising is, itself, a fine line, and we do our best to spot it.  But false advertising is not a hard spot.  That's a simple ban.

But, if he and Dave did not make their deal here, then nothing was done wrong here and, instead DP is warning the rest of us about a shy-lock. 

I've got the BAN button but Dave has to make a call here.  Is he posting a warning or reporting Spam? 

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold

Dave..

Pm your address.  I have some of Glenn Harris ' s dvds.  They are yours brother.

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold

I did a tape trade with Coach Teed a couple of years back.  I sent him about a dozen dvds and got nothing in return.  After a ton of emails he finally just started ignoring me and blocked my email address.  Through our conversations he had told me he sent them, and resent them, but never had any proof that he had mailed them.  Then he blocked my email address.

People can really suck, but it just feels a bit worse when it is another coach that sticks it to you.

I dealt with him too...  "traded" some disks.  Gave him originals and he sent me some copies.  I told him I wanted my originals back and that I didn't deal with pirated materials and he quit responding.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

did Dave connect up with Coachschro through this forum?

Because he either did or he didn't.  If Coachschro offered DP his DVD's via this forum in a public post, then he's guilty of false advertising.  Advertising is, itself, a fine line, and we do our best to spot it.  But false advertising is not a hard spot.  That's a simple ban.

But, if he and Dave did not make their deal here, then nothing was done wrong here and, instead DP is warning the rest of us about a shy-lock. 

I've got the BAN button but Dave has to make a call here.  Is he posting a warning or reporting Spam?

I responded to him in a PM from this thread started back in December: 

http://www.dumcoach.com/spread-style-football/glenn-harris-dvd-set-worth-it/msg296735/#msg296735

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

Dave - I would definitely file something with both Paypal and your credit card.

I had someone rip me off via ebay, and went to my credit card to dispute the charge.  They put the charge on hold, investigated and it came off my account.  No idea what the ultimate resolution was, I just didn't have to pay.

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

No.  I looked at their dispute rules and they suggest contacting the seller and working something out.  That'd be fine IF he'd reply to my contact and would work something out.

--Dave

Pay Pal should be handling it if you approach them with it.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Pay Pal should be handling it if you approach them with it.

Pay Pal is pretty darn good when it comes to disputes and refunds.

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

Pay Pal is pretty darn good when it comes to disputes and refunds.

I think so.  similarly we have had things delivered and people still want to say they don't get it and try to get refunds...that's why delivery confirmation is important as well as credit card address and shipping address being the same.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

No matter who the coach is, both our program and the league we play in demand a few things from the coaches:

1-No coach or parent is allowed to be around the kids or on the football field unless they are fingerprinted and their background checks are approved by both the police and the town we play in.

2- No coach is allowed on the football field unless they are certified by USA Football.

3- All coaches must sign off on a Coaches Code of Conduct that includes being dismissed for many things, swearing, cheating and so forth.  Pretty much almost anything you see on FNT would be enough reason to be tossed from our league, lol. 

I demand all this from my coaches by June 1st because I am too busy in July to chase people around for all this stuff.

And that is just the top 3 things that have to happen before you could even step on the field or in a gym with our kids.  I have had parents approach me about coaching and after I tell them what is required, 9 out of 10 don't follow through with all that is needed, lol.  One time I had to turn a dad away because the police denied him because he served time for assault and his excuse to me was, that happened over 10 years ago, it doesn't matter now.  ???

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

No matter who the coach is, both our program and the league we play in demand a few things from the coaches:

1-No coach or parent is allowed to be around the kids or on the football field unless they are fingerprinted and their background checks are approved by both the police and the town we play in.

2- No coach is allowed on the football field unless they are certified by USA Football.

3- All coaches must sign off on a Coaches Code of Conduct that includes being dismissed for many things, swearing, cheating and so forth.  Pretty much almost anything you see on FNT would be enough reason to be tossed from our league, lol. 

I demand all this from my coaches by June 1st because I am too busy in July to chase people around for all this stuff.

And that is just the top 3 things that have to happen before you could even step on the field or in a gym with our kids.  I have had parents approach me about coaching and after I tell them what is required, 9 out of 10 don't follow through with all that is needed, lol.  One time I had to turn a dad away because the police denied him because he served time for assault and his excuse to me was, that happened over 10 years ago, it doesn't matter now.  ???

S

More coffee Brother !....wrong Thread.  🙂

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 8
Share: