Clear all

Tebow

Page 49 / 56

DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

D

Not sure he will ever play QB again....but I think NE finds a position for him and turns him into an NFL player. I think FB /RB. The kid can play these positions just fine.

NE doesn't play with a FB.  He isn't good enough to be an NFL TE or every down RB (I don't think - he would have to prove me wrong there).    He could be a short yardage back, but that is awful special and limited for a smallish NFL roster on game day. 

For him to be effective he has to be a QB and a threat to attack LOS and pass the ball on same play. 

Perhaps, they could line him up as off set Pistol Back behind Brady.    He runs IZ and stretch as a run/pass option while Brady boots away.

That would be a cool offense.  Don't see it happening though. 

He will be 3rd string QB.    His one chance is to improve accuracy and remake himself into a Ben Roethlisberger style pocket QB over next 2 years and show it in pre-season games.

ReplyQuote
DL
 DL
(@daniel-lyons)
Platinum

R

Since I went into anti CFB mode in 2001-ish I really dont pay much attention. I will watch a few Bowls and the NC Championship game if I have nothing else too do.

I did see Tebow play a few times....wasn't he Superman back then breaking E Smiths records and such? It that where Tebowmania started or is that Denver's fault?

He was very popular in FL as a college player right off the bat filling in for a 4 year starter on a national championship team and highly recruited QB in his own right - all as a true freshman.    Next season he sets records and wins heisman in route to another title. 

Fast forward.

Everyone thought he was done (including me) because he wasn't a pro style QB and it was the pros.    Low and behold he was a surprise 1st round pick in Denver.   

You know story from here, but I will tell it anyway. 

He played some games and did pretty good.  Then everyone thought he was done again because the coach who drafted him was fired and he still wasn't a prototypical QB.

Then he actually got another shot in Denver when Orton was stinking up the joint on a bad team and lit a fire under that team in unorthodox fashion  ... GM Elway didn't like it.    He didn't want to win in unorthodox fashion. 

I saw one rally where TT scored a TD to win the game and they panned to Elway who looked like someone just killed his kid.  Then they panned to him again and he was politely clapping and smiling. 

... and you know the story from there.  Inexplicably one of best traditional QB's in NFL history becomes a free agent and Elway lands him.

Bye bye Tebow and no one can blame Elway for that choice - though Tebow has become so popular in Denver and nationally that some are still disappointed. 

Goes to Jets and who knows what the heck happened there.  Official word was Tebow was so bad in practice that they didn't dare play him at all.    He never gets a chance.

Jets shop Tebow.  Nobody wants him because they don't like the fanfare that comes with him and they don't want to build around him and they believe Jets that he was that bad.   

Jets release him with no takers.

NE signs him.    I predict he is done ... but this guy has proved me wrong before.  Hope he does it again.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

NE doesn't play with a FB.  He isn't good enough to be an NFL TE or every down RB (I don't think - he would have to prove me wrong there).    He could be a short yardage back, but that is awful special and limited for a smallish NFL roster on game day. 

For him to be effective he has to be a QB and a threat to attack LOS and pass the ball on same play. 

Perhaps, they could line him up as off set Pistol Back behind Brady.    He runs IZ and stretch as a run/pass option while Brady boots away.

That would be a cool offense.  Don't see it happening though. 

He will be 3rd string QB.    His one chance is to improve accuracy and remake himself into a Ben Roethlisberger style pocket QB over next 2 years and show it in pre-season games.

D

I dont think an every down RB exists anymore in the NFL. I can see him getting into the RB rotation.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachOCD
(@coachocd)
Platinum

put Gerhart and Tebow on same team
theyll be either proving everybody wrong or be selling insurance somewhere

ReplyQuote
CoachAbode
(@coachabode)
Bronze

I bet NE brought him to be a scout team QB that can give the D a good look of a read/option QB.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I think you severely underestimate the blind insanity and irrationality of Gator fans.  😀 Tebowmaniacs will be calling for Brady to get benched when he throws his first interception.
Considering that the Pat's all everything tight ends can't seem to stay on the field it wouldn't surprise me to see him in that sort of role. H back type thing. Why bother bringing him in if it is to be as a 3rd string qb? Why hold a roster spot for a 3rd string qb that can't throw the ball?

Tebow fans and Gator fans are two seperate things.

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

He was very popular in FL as a college player right off the bat filling in for a 4 year starter on a national championship team and highly recruited QB in his own right - all as a true freshman.    Next season he sets records and wins heisman in route to another.

Unless I missed what you're trying to say Tebow was not a 4 year starter at Florida. Chris Leak was the starter Tebow's freshman year when they won the title. Tebow came in on packages his freshman year.

If Tebow was in Seattle he would be better then Wilson. This guy has to run a pistol style off.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Unless I missed what you're trying to say Tebow was not a 4 year starter at Florida. Chris Leak was the starter Tebow's freshman year when they won the title. Tebow came in on packages his freshman year.

If Tebow was in Seattle he would be better then Wilson. This guy has to run a pistol style off.

Did you honestly just say Tebow is better than Wilson?

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

Did you honestly just say Tebow is better than Wilson?

I did! I watched both of them both play for 4 years, every game, even when he was a Badger. If Tebow was put in that same system you would see but it will never happen

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Tebow played in 06 but was not the starter. Won the heisman in 07. Won a NC in 08. I think. You are completely out of your mind in you really believe that he is a better pro qb than Wilson. He shot puts the ball end over end.

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

One thing Tewbow isn't is an NFL QB.  Sad they never developed him in college to be a solid QB.  He won more games with his feet and heart than his arm, but for a QB, that won't work in the NFL.

ReplyQuote
Run68bone
(@run68bone)
Bronze

I just wanted to post so this thread would get to 50 pages!!!! 

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

I just wanted to post so this thread would get to 50 pages!!!!

Maybe now

On a threaded note............
I think Tebow will do fine. The Hoodie can find players to help his team and this wasnt a snap decision by the Pats. He has a plan.

Vrable great LB
Plays 20 something plays on offense and scores like 12 TDs as a TE.

Tebow will be fine. I like the kid. Not a huge fan but you have to admit, he brought something special to the Broncos when they needed it most.

Just saying

Nope not yet (on the 50 pages)

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

Maybe now

On a threaded note............
I think Tebow will do fine. The Hoodie can find players to help his team and this wasnt a snap decision by the Pats. He has a plan.

Vrable great LB
Plays 20 something plays on offense and scores like 12 TDs as a TE.

Tebow will be fine. I like the kid. Not a huge fan but you have to admit, he brought something special to the Broncos when they needed it most.

Just saying

Nope not yet (on the 50 pages)

Are we there yet?

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

Are we there yet?

Nope

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Page 49 / 56