Notifications
Clear all

Thank You Dave!

bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze
Topic starter  

So backstory for this photo. One of my parents tested positive for COVID. Because of this her son will not be at practices this week.

Now this is tough on our players as they are required to complete conditioning no matter what. The reason that I give Dave so much credit for this, is because of our adoption of his CAL program and everything that comes along with it. Along with that philosophy is doing what needs to be done to ensure every player has my full support. Not just during practice and games. But my FULL support. And in this instance, it was offering to have him come meet me an hour early to get his conditioning in before his teammates arrived. Practice is at 6pm and conditioning is generally 45 minutes. 

It is a lot on a coach to adopt this mentality and philosophy, but this year I knew I had to either learn from past mistakes and go all in or step away from coaching. And the latter was not an option. 

The part that stands out is the last sentence. While I am sure parents realized that I love coaching, this is the first time in 9 years, 3 as a HC where I feel it is far bigger than football. And that’s a hell of a feeling. 

Dave, I know you’ll give me credit for implementing and buying in to the CAL program. But without your support and hours spent on the phone, this post and photo would not exist. 

—Brian

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

CoachDP liked
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Brian, YOU'RE the one who's implementing the CAL Program.  YOU'RE the one who's making the commitment and giving the extra effort.  YOU'RE the one who's caring.  Nice job.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze
Topic starter  

@coachdp

Dave,

I’ll say it till I’m blue in the face 

YOU’RE the one sacrificing your own personal time to make better Coaches across the country. 

But thank you for the kind words.

—Brian

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
Share: