That was Refreshing

Notifications
Clear all

That was Refreshing

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Watching Georgia Tech play in the ACC Championship was a nice change of pace from the normal read option spread crap that I've grown really tired of.

Its too bad their passing game looked like an afterthought....they might have won the game.  :-

How is it that Demaryius Thomas came out of a PJ Program as a #1 draft pick?....and has done really well. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

crissaitch
(@crissaitch)
Bronze

I had a blast watching that game too. Loved how GT's o-line stayed on their blocks so long. How many 3 yd runs turned into 10 yd runs because of the o-line's discipline?

I'm considering cutting up clips of that game to show my team the importance of blocking through the whistle.

ReplyQuote
Coach Wayne145
(@coach-wayne145)
Bronze

to piggyback GT Ilove to watch because of the grind it out style and getting yards while eating up clock. Also the return of the fullback to old school style. Hate this spread stuff. If you look at the SEC CHIPpounding the ball down there throats was key  in win. Ima ground pound guy old school I guess.

ReplyQuote
Coach Wayne145
(@coach-wayne145)
Bronze

Teams like Stanford Navy GT MSU all smashmouth football teams i enjoy watching. My favorite bowl game from 2013 MSU  VS  STANDFORD

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I somehow fell asleep for the second half of the SEC game and the first half of the ACC game.

I think the chance of FSU being the best team in the country is smaller than the chances are for Bama, Oregon, TCU, and OSU.

I'd have it like this:

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. OSI
5. FSU
6. West Virginia (since Baylor thinks head-to-head is everything)
7. Baylor

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachCraig
(@ch72)
Gold

How is it that Demaryius Thomas came out of a PJ Program as a #1 draft pick?....and has done really well.

Dont forget calvin johnson

"Whether you think you can, or cannot, you're probably right."

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

C

Did he play for Johnson too? That kid playing SE... #88 is a VERY large man. Must be their thing...giant WR's. Too bad they didn't hook up on that give and go in the 4th...#88 toasted his man. Do that and I think they win.

Still fun to watch. Good for the FSU D too...their heads were spinning in the first half and pulled it together when it mattered.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

GT executed to perfection. I love watching them play. The scary thing for me as an FSU fan is that GT is very young. If they can get a few players in the secondary they will be a very dangerous team.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

Calvin Johnson did go to GT but he played for Chan Gailey, not Paul Johnson. I like Johnson's style and his willingness to stick to his offense. Nothing they do is flashy but its well executed and it gains yard and kills the clock. Those 3 drives in the 1st half all of 75yds or more were amazing to watch.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
CoachAD
(@coachad)
Silver

PJ recruits receivers who can block first, then tall receivers to make up for the lack of a precise passing game.  They are raw when they come out of GT but someone on his staff is finding these kids and convincing them that playing in a triple option offense will not hinder them from going to the NFL.

I'm thinking that being a 110 catch "system" receiver at Hawaii or SMU might not be as attractive to NFL scouts as being an athletic 38 cantch 6'3" receiver that can block and go get the jump ball and back shoulder throw.

ReplyQuote
Share: