Notifications
Clear all

The Denver Broncos!

Page 2 / 2

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Huge Support from an Old Timer!  

First 'Instant QB' Tom Matte praises Broncos' Kendall Hinton in letter (msn.com)

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @youth-coach

Huge Support from an Old Timer!  

First 'Instant QB' Tom Matte praises Broncos' Kendall Hinton in letter (msn.com)

Awesome find, Scott!  Especially since Tom Matte was one of my childhood heroes.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Posted by: @gumby_in_co

@bob-goodman

https://www.milehighreport.com/2011/3/11/2043379/the-role-of-an-nfl-quality-control-coach-denver-broncos-football-scouting

Interesting, thanks.  I'd've never guessed it from the job title, which is misleading but does make some sense.  I've worked in QC and interacted with people in QC, and I can see where Quality Control Coach from that description shares some aspects with those jobs, but not the ones I'd've guessed!  It looks like the QC coaches primarily coach the coaches, but not in a supervisory capacity.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Hinton's Wrist Band is on display in the NFL H.O.F! 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

CoachDP liked
ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

@coachdp Pulling for your guy, Dave:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/kendall-hinton-turning-heads-at-broncos-minicamp/ar-AAL9lJ5?ocid=hplocalnews

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @gumby_in_co

Pulling for your guy, Dave:

Thanks for posting the article, Lar.  If there's a kid that everyone should pull for, it's Kendall.  Super hard worker and humble.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

Posted by: @coachdp

From USA Today:

"Kendall Hinton went to practice on Saturday with the Denver Broncos as a practice-squad wide receiver with no other real football plans for the weekend.

Hours later, the undrafted rookie out of Wake Forest was told he would be playing QB for the Broncos on Sunday."

What Kendall Hinton did for the Broncos was incredible.

Link to story above.

--Dave

This is a great story that shows the courage to lead. Not all of us in life have coaches calling the shots. Some of us need to recognize a void in leadership and fill it ourselves. However he learned to be that brave, he was certainly aided by your mentoring, Coach. 

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  
Posted by: @coach-kyle

This is a great story that shows the courage to lead. Not all of us in life have coaches calling the shots. Some of us need to recognize a void in leadership and fill it ourselves. However he learned to be that brave, he was certainly aided by your mentoring, Coach. 

Thank you Kyle.  Kendall was a quiet, reserved young man when I coached him.  We had him for 3 seasons.  Our DC called him "Smiley" because he was always a happy kid.  His parents are wonderful people.  I'm thrilled to see his success.  

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: