Notifications
Clear all

The Offense

Page 2 / 4

hharris
(@hharris)
Bronze

As the head coach I would be concerned if you go down to injury or illness.  What's plan B?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Keep the faith Dave and know you have a friend here.

Thank you Quincy.  It was good to see you, Brother.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

At least you know it is being taught right.

My thoughts, exactly.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So...I assume that you are platooning? You're always with offensive players? That in itself (coaching only O) is kinda' cool as you can teach what you really want and the way you want it taught. I did that a few times (only coaching offense, but never just by myself at HS!). Wow, that's a tough gig by yourself brother.

It is.  But...I can't complain about how the players are being taught. lol

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Coach Potter, I know you're a very organized guy, but 118 for one, that's going to be a challenge.

You will need help from the kids. If they buy in, who knows.

118 in the program; not just on offense.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong"

Sounds like the HC found the perfect man for the job.  🙂

He said, "I know you've done this before by yourself, so you should be okay with it."  I told him I am.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

As the head coach I would be concerned if you go down to injury or illness.  What's plan B?

Plan B would be my QB.  I let him run the offense quite a bit.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Plan B would be my QB.  I let him run the offense quite a bit.

--Dave

You should give them all t-shirts.

Plan B
Plan H
Plan Z

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

118 in the program; not just on offense.

--Dave

Doh!

OK, good. I hold my breath there for a while.

The problems you will face are not as much football related as they are logistic ones.

But if you say you are OK with it, I am sure you will be.

Luc

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

You should give them all t-shirts.

Plan B
Plan H
Plan Z

The "Plan Z" guys are getting cut on August 7.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Dave:

Any openings for Custodian, Hall Monitor, or Maintence?  Just thinking of another way to get hired.  Illinois stipulation is that they be a "District Employee" doesnt say Teacher. 

😉

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Dave:

Any openings for Custodian, Hall Monitor, or Maintence?  Just thinking of another way to get hired.  Illinois stipulation is that they be a "District Employee" doesnt say Teacher. 

😉

We have 80% TA positions, but they offer fewer hours than a 100% TA spot.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

We have 80% TA positions, but they offer fewer hours than a 100% TA spot.

--Dave

That's a plus.

Wait, is the money less?

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

I will never be able to complain or feel like I'm getting short end of the stick ever again.  🙁 Good luck coach.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Prodigy
(@prodigy)
Platinum

Coach DP-

I caught up with John K a few weeks back, he mentioned that you had stepped up to header at high school in a tough division...we both agreed, if anyone can do it, it's you.  Will be interested to hear how your season pans out coach.

respectfully,

Ken F.

If you show up for a fair fight, you are unprepared.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: