Notifications
Clear all

Urban Meyer

Page 1 / 9

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24258253/ohio-state-buckeyes-places-urban-meyer-administrative-leave

Wow.

In August.  They must really be sweating.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Beansko82
(@beansko82)
Bronze

If it’s proven that he did have knowledge of what was going on with his assistant, he has to go.

I was born and raised a Buckeye fan, but this is a more important issue than success on the gridiron.

ReplyQuote
belebuch
(@belebuch)
Diamond

As a Florida Gator fan... well  ;D

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

Did they learn nothing from the whole Sandusky mess?? 

I agree, if it is proven he knew and did nothing, he has to go. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
coachgye
(@coachgye)
Copper

All he had to do is tell the truth. Geez...

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Not that OSU should of known this guy turns his eye away from problems. Not like he has a prior record of doing that.

This should not surprise anyone.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The two worst, most baseless "coaches" that I have ever heard speak at a clinic were Meyer and his one-time assistant Steve Addazio.  Absolutely worthless people, the two of them.  Not surprised by anything that he does.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
JustPlay
(@rjbthor)
Silver

When did it become the bosses job of any company to report potential abuse to the authorities? You become the judge jury and executioner AND what if you were wrong? Yes I know that it's in his contract, but dang I think we are putting way too much at the feet of those in charge. It's enough for me to keep track of my own family/players now I have to monitor staff family relationships?  I just think as a nation we are becoming a society of victims and of course someone elseshould have prevented any and every indecent action. In this instance why didn't the victim just report it to the police? Why tell a bunch of wives?

I know I know I am being disagreeable. I am not for sheltering criminals, but I am also not a police officer trained into following up on abuse claims.

nothing replaces effort. nothing replaces the mind. One with out the other is a waste of time.

ReplyQuote
Spyder89
(@spyder89)
Bronze

When did it become the bosses job of any company to report potential abuse to the authorities? You become the judge jury and executioner AND what if you were wrong? Yes I know that it's in his contract, but dang I think we are putting way too much at the feet of those in charge. It's enough for me to keep track of my own family/players now I have to monitor staff family relationships?  I just think as a nation we are becoming a society of victims and of course someone elseshould have prevented any and every indecent action. In this instance why didn't the victim just report it to the police? Why tell a bunch of wives?

I know I know I am being disagreeable. I am not for sheltering criminals, but I am also not a police officer trained into following up on abuse claims.

I don't think it's about him reporting it to the police....the incidents were filed by the claimed victim.

The whole problem is that he may have known about the claims and didn't take the actions of doing anything about it (ala suspend him until it was resolved).  He supposedly turned a blind eye to it because he was a solid coach.  This is nothing new, companies always keep tabs on employees with legal issues.

- Ray

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

When did it become the bosses job of any company to report potential abuse to the authorities?

--I think Meyer is slime but I agree with you on this. 

You become the judge jury and executioner AND what if you were wrong? Yes I know that it's in his contract, but dang I think we are putting way too much at the feet of those in charge. It's enough for me to keep track of my own family/players now I have to monitor staff family relationships?  I just think as a nation we are becoming a society of victims and of course someone elseshould have prevented any and every indecent action. In this instance why didn't the victim just report it to the police? Why tell a bunch of wives?

--Bingo.  I wondered the same thing.

I know I know I am being disagreeable.

--Then I guess we both are.  But if Meyer gets fired for this, I won't lose any sleep over it. 

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

The whole problem is that he may have known about the claims and didn't take the actions of doing anything about it (ala suspend him until it was resolved).  He supposedly turned a blind eye to it because he was a solid coach.  This is nothing new, companies always keep tabs on employees with legal issues.

M'kay.  But I'd be real reticent to get involved in the personal lives of my coaching staff.  That's for them to deal with.  If there's illegal activity between the spouses that's suspected, I don't know if I'm going to call the police if one of the spouses isn't.  I certainly don't want my header involved in my private life, or my relationship with my spouse.  I think it's a police matter.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

The whole point is that he is NOT judge, jury, and executioner, but, possibly, chose to become so.

I don't think he had any obligation to find anything out, but if he DID come across something, he had to report it to his bosses, or to whomever his bosses appointed for that purpose.

And I think the coverage has just passed on addressing whether Meyer's wife should have reported it through her superiors.  She is a nurse and is employed on campus.  If SHE knew, and, it seems, she most certainly did, I imagine she was supposed to report it to someone other than just her husband the football coach.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

For 99.9% of us, I agree. However, Urban Meyer pulls the salary he does because OSU football is wildly popular. Because it's wildly popular, there is a lot of money behind it. If people begin to associate OSU football with wife beating coaches, then there's a chance that the interest and therefore the money dries up.  If OSU gave a crap about the domestic violence issue, they would have fired him. The fact that they put him on "paid administrative leave pending an investigation" suggests to me that they are desperately trying to find a way to keep Meyer without losing a huge chunk of their fan ba$e.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

The issue is not that he didn't report it to Police.  The Issue is that, if he did know, he did not bring it to the attention of School Authorities as is written in his contract.  I would guess that almost every Coach has this type of clause in the aftermath of Sandusky/Paterno. 

FYI

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

I don't think he had any obligation to find anything out, but if he DID come across something, he had to report it to his bosses, or to whomever his bosses appointed for that purpose.

Right. So THEY can sweep it under the rug.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9
Share: