Notifications
Clear all

Urban Meyer

Page 8 / 9

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

His recent EU negotiation was an agreement to negotiate at a later date towards no tatiffs. Wow. Good job.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Mike

You may be right

I was shocked Trump won the nomination- more shocked that he won the general election

Many Americans like myself were fed up with the status quo, the political class, the media and "elites" talking down to those who built and defended this country. Many were sick and tired of being called things they were not and identity politics. I can see how someone would be so fed up, that they would vote for someone like Trump> I couldnt do it- of course I wouldnt vote for Hillary or Crazy Bernie either.

I KNOW there are many closet trump people out there and others like me who are so fed up with the media and propagandists, that they might even step in- hold their noses and vote for the guy. The hatred hollywood and the press have for trump, plays right into his hands. Their bias and hatred was always there- now it's just out in the open for all to see.

trump has exposed lots of corruption in our bureaucracy, that we all hoped didnt exist- it does.
Always been for term limits- always will
You are right, it will be very interesting next go around. Trump has the deck stacked against him- lots of Americans like guys like that- you never know.

I think Ross Perot would have done the same kinds of things but his skin just wasn't thick enough for the attacks.

Trump seems to revel in the attacks and use them to his advantage.

I dont have cable so Im not really influenced by the cable networks. But when I see a story I fact check it. Trump seems to be running about 70% truths.....20% exaggeration and 10% why did he say that... if you really dig...deep. The problem is....fact checking the facts might be all lies as well. There are some sites and writers I am beginning to trust. Ben Shapiro is one of them. He is one smart dude and makes a lot of sense out of the senseless drivel. 

Ted Seay is another since he has been the attache for Hillary Clinton in Europe and high up in Government for as long as we've known him. He can get a bit extreme at times but I enjoy his appearances on RT. He at least attempts logic.

Here is a classic example of why people wave their arms for no reason when it comes to Trump.

Trump deregulates the Tuna Industry as one of his first moves and the media goes into nuclear meltdown. OK. Killing sea turtles and dolphins isnt really a good thing. But those were the bold headlines.

Nope.

This was something Obama started and Trump simply finished it for him.

Turns out the American tuna industry has a new way to fish that saves the turtles and dolphins but regulations wont allow it. Add to that a tuna sandwich was on its way to $15. So Trump finishes what Obama already knew but is slayed as a heathen against the Planet. 

I could go on for weeks.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

His recent EU negotiation was an agreement to negotiate at a later date towards no tatiffs. Wow. Good job.

Its a great start. Threatening war brought them to the table to talk peace. This will get done leaving Canada and Mexico in a bit of a scramble. Wont work on China yet because they have the largest GDP in the World. Japan has too many factories on US soil to get any real barometer so we shall see.

World wide....tariffs on trucks run about 25% so everyone is protecting their own truck markets. Cool....whatever.

But if a German in Berlin wants to buy a Ford Fiesta the tariff is about 18% while you go buy a BMW and the tariff is about 3%.

That needs to stop. Now Im hearing the naysayers say Germans dont want big gas guzzling American cars. Well...if you really dig these ridiculous statements are so 1975 its funny. ANYTHING to get at Trump.

As soon as Trump threatened war....every German automaker except VW ran to ....not walked...ran to their Chancellor demanding she fix this...now.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

I really have to chuckle at the notion that the mainstream media isnt over the top biased to favor liberals
Part of it is, what they fail to report on

When the GDP numbers came out at 4.1%- GREAT news for trump the Lincoln NE newspaper had this buried on PAGE SIX, PAGE SIX- meanwhile page 1 had something about a lost cat- obviously more important than the state of our national economy  ??? ???

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that if this had been Obama, it would have been on page 1 with all credit going to the GOAT- president Obama. Then lots of touchy feely follow up stories. But since it is good news for trump- buried on page 6 and no follow ups with the exception of how tarrifs are hurting local farmers.  ::) ::) Again- this coming from a non trump fan- but a conservative who didnt vote for or support him. Im sick of this kind of stuff

The bias has ALWAYS been there- but it is just so over the top and obvious now- even the ostriches with their heads buried in the sand have to acknowledge this fact or lose any claim to having an IQ above 80. The cnn guy now with the double standard of claiming people shouldnt be complaining about the press or badmouthing him- when Sarah Huckabee and other conservatives are being harrassed or refused service in restaurants by people at the urging of the Democratic leadership and incited by a complicit press. Its bad.

BTW Warren Buffet now owns our local Newspaper
WB is one of the all time most generous givers to Clinton and very Liberal causes
His perogative and right- and now he owns a whole string of FAILING Newspapers in an era where newspapers arent very profitable at all, hmm, hmm.
https://www.thewrap.com/warren-buffett-says-all-but-3-american-newspapers-are-doomed/

And yes, Ben Shapiro is one cool cat, I found out about him 3 years ago and saw him speak in Omaha earlier this year- even here he had death threats- from those compassionate open minded defenders of free speech progressives- No baloney, there were snipers stationed on roof tops here. Progressives terrified that people would be hearing a very well thought out and factual opposing viewpoint on their "turf" college campuses where they get to indocrinate with few boundaries.  Im with you Rob- future doesnt look very bright

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Dave,
Look into Sinclair Media Group. Never heard of them? That is what they want. They are the largest broadcast company in the nation and are trying to gobble up more stations. They are a very right leaning company with close ties to the Trump administration.

Also, remember how powerful Facebook is nowadays and how much the right leaning advertisements and post on that site had to do with winning Trump the election. Facebook is the king of fake news and were an overwhelming influence on the last election.

Years ago we had the Big 3. The big 3 were really the only 3. With cable and the elimination of the Fairness Doctrine the media has taken a very different approach. News is now big business where for years, at least for broadcast media, it was not. News broadcasting was a requirement of broadcasters and the Fairness Doctrine protected the integrity of the broadcast news. Nielsen ratings didn't cover the news of the big 3 for years. Many papers prided themselves on being the best collection of reporters, the ones that dug deep and found the facts and actually checked info they received, and while not covered by the Fairness Doctrine often followed the lead of the broadcast media. Once the ratings became relevant, basically with the advent of cable tv where the Fairness Doctrine could not be applied, things changed.  We used to trust our media. The media used to check info before putting it out to the public. The news used to be about simply conveying the facts. Opinions were left for editorials and talk shows. Now, the media divides the people and pushes their own agendas. Try and name an unbiased news source that has any real popularity.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

how much the right leaning advertisements and post on that site had to do with winning Trump the election.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Rob,

Interesting
TINY amount of facebook ads- less than a million dollars spent in states that werent even competitive- in an election where BILLIONS were spent
Trump has been hard on russia, armed ukraine, forced NATO members to spend BILLIONS more, Getting European nations to buy less russian oil
In the meantime Hillary resides over handing russia over 20% of our uranium meanwhile her husband and "foundation" where her daughter "earns" a cool 1,000,000 per year gets 10s of millions of dollars from russians- most connected in one way or another to uranium 1. AND clintons people were the ones to pay for and collude with russia to come up with that totally phoney dossier on trump- that has been proven to be bs- hillary was in the pocket of the russians, not trump.

The more the left spends on this- the more they are going to lose- no one cares- it had no bearing

To say that todays media isnt overwhelmingly slanted liberal- just has no legs

This is what Dan Rather had to say about Sinclair: Critics including former news anchor Dan Rather have described Sinclair's practices as being "an assault on our democracy" by disseminating what they perceive to be Orwellian-like propaganda to its local stations

Anything Dan Rather is against, has to be doing some good
He has zero credibility- a liberal shill
Rather is the man who fronted the notorious "60 Minutes" propaganda hit piece on George W. Bush based on fake documents about his Texas Air National Guard service in the 1970s and nonexistent sources upon whom Rather's team relied to verify these documents.

OPINION shows are opinion
Opinion shows pretending to be news shows like CNN, ABC, CBS and even the AP and "newspapers" like the NY Times is what I have a major problem with

The MARKET will determine what survives
CNN- they lose- we all knew they were shills- LOTS of evidence- heck they gave the debate questions to Hillary- when people thought trump was off his rocker with another crazy claim:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/donna-brazile-finally-admits-she-shared-debate-questions-with-clinton-campaign

Oh yeah George Stephanopolous is going to be fair as a reporter for ABC  ::) ::)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stephanopoulos

Heck that crazy kid from Florida from the shooting
His life goal is to be a "reporter" for cnn
Does anyone think he wouldnt let his political leanings affect his work?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/17/us/david-hogg-profile-florida-shooting/index.html

There are no "reporters" anymore- not many
Liberal Arts- lets change the world through indocrinating the "unwashed masses" in line with their way of thinking

One of the things I CAN thank trump for- is not laying down for the media and exposing them for the hypocrites and dishonest people many of them are

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

overwhelming

Overwhelming, I tell you!  Overwhelming!

TURN THOSE MACHINES BACK ON!!!

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Whatever gets you through the night.

Really? The whole fake news crap basically started with Facebook and the sharing of bs articles. The Russian bots that were pushing Trump attacked Facebook primarily. Those are just facts. Was a bunch of that fake news supporting the left? Of course. But come on, Facebook, being as influential as it is, didn't have a sway in the election? You are out of your mind if your think Facebook and all the bs fake news that pervades that site won't influence every election in the foreseeable future.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Really? The whole fake news crap basically started with Facebook and the sharing of bs articles. The Russian bots that were pushing Trump attacked Facebook primarily. Those are just facts. Was a bunch of that fake news supporting the left? Of course. But come on, Facebook, being as influential as it is, didn't have a sway in the election? You are out of your mind if your think Facebook and all the bs fake news that pervades that site won't influence every election in the foreseeable future.

If only the president during the campaign had been a Democrat, none of this would have happened.  Those damn scheming Republicans.

By the way, NOTHING about the Democrats being upset annoys me.  NOTHING.  As in ZERO.  So I really enjoy the complaining and the whining and the hand-wringing.  It's like candy for me.  And good candy, like Snickers, not bad candy like Twizzlers.  So please, keep going.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Dave,
Some of your facts are pretty flawed. Hillary had no real power to veto the sell of Uranium One. She could only use one of her 9 nine votes. Plus, Uranium One does not have a license to export uranium to foreign countries. Some was sold to Canada and EU nations (many of which were simply book transfers as uranium is a commodity). The Sec of the Treasury is the head of the CFIUS which oversees such sales.

Where did I say the media does not lean left. My entire point is that the news media leans and it shouldn't imo.

I find it strange you list a bunch of companies using opinions as media but fail to mention Fox. The president admittedly gets his "news" from Fox and Friends which is easily, imo, the worst offender of opinion posing as news. But you don't have to try to convince me CNN is a joke. "Most Trusted Name in News"? My ass they are. I don't know who to trust anymore. When I asked you to name an unbiased news source you didn't and I think that is because you can't. Neither can I. That is a problem. The majority of Americans are under the impression that whatever news that fits their agenda is the "real" news. No offense, based on your post you fall into that group. I probably do as well. I don't think it is even a conscious decision. We all want confirmation of our beliefs. But our beliefs are rarely based on facts that encompass the other side of the story.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

If only the president during the campaign had been a Democrat, none of this would have happened.  Those damn scheming Republicans.

By the way, NOTHING about the Democrats being upset annoys me.  NOTHING.  As in ZERO.  So I really enjoy the complaining and the whining and the hand-wringing.  It's like candy for me.  And good candy, like Snickers, not bad candy like Twizzlers.  So please, keep going.

I am not blaming it on the Republicans. The only Republican not saying that the Russians didn't interfere in our elections is Trump and it sounds like possibly you. Heck, just about the entire Trump appointed intelligence brass had a press conference and said Russia did and is still trying to influence our elections. More importantly, it doesn't matter who they tried to help. If they influenced in Clinton's favor and she got elected I would want it investigated as well. My politics are a mish mash of both parties. I know you doubt that, that's fine. Much of the topics that fall under politics don't come up on this site so you wouldn't know. What I don't waver on is my belief in a democracy. Democracy should override party and it doesn't in this country anymore. Not sure if it ever did.

I have to ask if whether you would be ok with a truly democratically elected Democrat or a republican who was elected with collusion with a hostile foreign power with the intent to conspire against the US govt.? I ask because you say nothing they are upset about bothers you. What if it comes out that Trump did conspire with the Russians. That wouldn't bother you?

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Dave,
Some of your facts are pretty flawed. Hillary had no real power to veto the sell of Uranium One. She could only use one of her 9 nine votes. Plus, Uranium One does not have a license to export uranium to foreign countries. Some was sold to Canada and EU nations (many of which were simply book transfers as uranium is a commodity). The Sec of the Treasury is the head of the CFIUS which oversees such sales.

Where did I say the media does not lean left. My entire point is that the news media leans and it shouldn't imo.

I find it strange you list a bunch of companies using opinions as media but fail to mention Fox. The president admittedly gets his "news" from Fox and Friends which is easily, imo, the worst offender of opinion posing as news. But you don't have to try to convince me CNN is a joke. "Most Trusted Name in News"? My ass they are. I don't know who to trust anymore. When I asked you to name an unbiased news source you didn't and I think that is because you can't. Neither can I. That is a problem. The majority of Americans are under the impression that whatever news that fits their agenda is the "real" news. No offense, based on your post you fall into that group. I probably do as well. I don't think it is even a conscious decision. We all want confirmation of our beliefs. But our beliefs are rarely based on facts that encompass the other side of the story.

Rob

Very early in the AM before the kids wake up I watch the same amount of MSNBC as I do Fox- I find MSNBC to be completely laughable- Hannity is a hack- no credibility- neither does Joe S, one thinks hes a journalist- the other admits hes a partisan pundit.
Fox does report on some things that the other networks totally ignore

Im open minded- I dont like the reps any more than I like the dems and im not a trump shill either

At the end of the day I dislike the mainstream "media" and their willing accomplices in academia and the arts who abhor free speech and want to require us all to agree with them or to get a nasty label

While I think Bill Clinton did a very good job as president- thanks to the rails put up by gingrich- Im very confident the clintons are the most corrupt political people in modern day history. I dont trust them at all , not sure why the US would surrender 20% of our unranium to the control of a hostile government. the wealth amassed by the clintons is just beyond reason
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-02/obama-admin-lied-new-memos-reveal-uranium-one-yellowcake-exported-europe-and-asia-ca

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I am not blaming it on the Republicans. The only Republican not saying that the Russians didn't interfere in our elections is Trump and it sounds like possibly you. Heck, just about the entire Trump appointed intelligence brass had a press conference and said Russia did and is still trying to influence our elections. More importantly, it doesn't matter who they tried to help. If they influenced in Clinton's favor and she got elected I would want it investigated as well. My politics are a mish mash of both parties. I know you doubt that, that's fine. Much of the topics that fall under politics don't come up on this site so you wouldn't know. What I don't waver on is my belief in a democracy. Democracy should override party and it doesn't in this country anymore. Not sure if it ever did.

I have to ask if whether you would be ok with a truly democratically elected Democrat or a republican who was elected with collusion with a hostile foreign power with the intent to conspire against the US govt.? I ask because you say nothing they are upset about bothers you. What if it comes out that Trump did conspire with the Russians. That wouldn't bother you?

If you're as bad at reading news reports as you are at reading posts on here, that explains a lot.  I did not say that nothing that annoys the Democrats annoys me.  I said that nothing about them being upset annoys me.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

If you're as bad at reading news reports as you are at reading posts on here, that explains a lot.  I did not say that nothing that annoys the Democrats annoys me.  I said that nothing about them being upset annoys me.

I admit that I read your post as "nothing that annoys the Dems annoys me". My reading comprehensions is pretty strong actually. We definitely read different news though. I want to ask you the same question as I asked Dave. What would you consider to be an unbiased news source. If you have some, why do you think it is unbiased? I honestly can't find one I trust.

ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 9
Share: