Notifications
Clear all

Urban Meyer

Page 9 / 9

Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I admit that I read your post as "nothing that annoys the Dems annoys me". My reading comprehensions is pretty strong actually. We definitely read different news though. I want to ask you the same question as I asked Dave. What would you consider to be an unbiased news source. If you have some, why do you think it is unbiased? I honestly can't find one I trust.

I don't really look at it like that.  People who hunt for a news source they can "trust" are usually morons.  Or are always morons.

And hey, if you say your reading comprehension is really strong, that's good enough for me, even though I've seen evidence of the opposite.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I don't really look at it like that.  People who hunt for a news source they can "trust" are usually morons.  Or are always morons.

And hey, if you say your reading comprehension is really strong, that's good enough for me, even though I've seen evidence of the opposite.

Dave,
Again, the US did not surrender 20% of our uranium supply. Most of it was a book transfer as I said. You know as well as I do that when you buy a commodity you don't actually take possession of that commodity. Nobody goes and buy a million barrels of oil and then stores it in their backyard. The actual % of uranium acquired by Uranium One was actually about 10% of the supply. Some of that yellow cake was sent to Canada, certainly not all of it. That allowance was made by the NRC, not Clinton. Then that smaller amount of yellow cake was divided and a small amount of that was sent to EU nations. Uranium is a traded commodity that is traded from company to company all over the world. Since it is a vital to national security the the CFIUS has to approve its sale. There are 9 board members with the Sec. of the Treasury at its head. Clinton was one member with one of the 9 votes. No one on the board has veto power but the POTUS does. There are also stories out there that Clinton never actually interfered in CFIUS business but allowed the Asst. Sec.  of State to perform their job which part of it was to rep the SOS at the CFIUS. Whether it is true or not that she did not interfere with the ASOS is debatable but the other 8 board members also had to approve. So maybe her influence was bought but if so she certainly did not have the power to make it happen or not happen without the consent of the entire CFIUS and the POTUS.

A friend of mine (well, we don't talk much anymore as the friendship was through and ex girlfriend) worked for the NRC. We talked about nuclear stuff a bunch because of what I did in the Army. Nothing classified of course, just educating each other on the basics of what we did. Plus, there are articles that support what I am saying or you can simply dig into NRC and CFIUS protocols for nuclear material regulation.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Fair enough. I have shown evidence as you demonstrated. I made a mistake as mere mortals tend to do. I still stand by that conviction and don't feel the need or desire to defend it here.

I guess that you try to find the source instead of trusting the media. I get that. Commendable and absolutely the way to go. While looking for a news agency to trust may be moronic in your opinion, I just don't have the time to read all the source material it would take to compile a completely fact based collection evidence for everything out there. That is the job of a reporter. I just want to know if there are any left. If I am a moron for that so be it. Not sure why you insist on the personal attacks but whatever. It was a simple question and could of been answered with a simple answer.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Let's just say I am well aware of the Gell-Mann amnesia effect, and I tend not to have the amnesia.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Let's just say I am well aware of the Gell-Mann amnesia effect, and I tend not to have the amnesia.

Did you get that from Hitchins? That is where I first read it from. My wife doesn't understand why I sit there and yell at the tv while she watches CNN. I start yapping off about Gell-Mann, logic fallacies, Russell's teapot and other topics that fuel my disgust for the media and societies brainwashing by the media. I guess I need to just start reading non fiction again and certainly just go in the other room while that crap is on. Lately, actually the last few years, I have been reading fiction. The thing is, is non fiction even real? One of the great discussions out there involves Hitchens about Mother Theressa. I know you know the one. You can read all kinds of stuff about how great a woman she was. You would have no idea of some of the stuff she was doing that was just flat out effed up. Sometimes you don't know what you don't know and it can be difficult to sort through the bs and half truths you come across. Becoming an expert on any one thing takes a tremendous amount of time and unfortunately is made even more difficult since so much of what we accept as fact really isn't. Biographies are a great example of that.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Rob,

All good my friend

However with the Uranium 1 thing
If the russians are so evil- dangerous and able to do so much 007 type stuff, wouldnt it be within reason that they could take uranium that is being shipped to Europe from a company they control and be diverted to them or Iran? Why in the world would we risk this- we are talking nuclear bomb making material here.

I dont see how in the world the US made that deal and the State Dept was under the control of hilary.
Do you REALLY think russia would give $145,000,000 to the clinton foundation and not get anything in return??
Or pay bill 500,000 for a one hour speech??
These are facts  and the clintons paid over $2,000,000 to the russians to develop a dossier, that was bs on trump
But trump is colluding and the clintons arent?
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/14/hillary-clinton-uranium-one-deal-russia-explainer-244895

Again Bill was a very good president- even with the corruption
In my lifetime, the rankings based on results are:
Reagan
Clinton
Kennedy
So 2 Dems and 1 Rep- Im no party hack-- Had I been able to vote for Kennedy- I would have done so over nixon and I voted for Perot twice.

But not even close the clintons win the prize hands down for corruption
Whitewater
Cattlegate
Travelgate
Fosters "suicide"
Willey rape
Monica-
Sexual harrassment- payouts, detruction of accusers character
hillarys emails 33,000 "lost"
stolen primary from bernie- thanks to her money laundering through the dnc
the fake dossier they paid the russians to develop on trump which led to spying on the trump campaign
Bill and Lorretta lynch discussing golf on the tarmac- not getting hillary off in return for favors  ::)
The clintons have a VERY wide and deep political apparatus and we see it even extends into our supposedly clean FBI and CIA

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Coach TonyM
(@ramoody)
Gold

Alright alright... you pricks need to take the political BS to Facebook where it is really fair.    This is a football forum.. back on track.  Urban Meyer.  Vote for Pedro!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Dave,
Look into Sinclair Media Group. Never heard of them? That is what they want. They are the largest broadcast company in the nation and are trying to gobble up more stations. They are a very right leaning company with close ties to the Trump administration.

Also, remember how powerful Facebook is nowadays and how much the right leaning advertisements and post on that site had to do with winning Trump the election. Facebook is the king of fake news and were an overwhelming influence on the last election.

Years ago we had the Big 3. The big 3 were really the only 3. With cable and the elimination of the Fairness Doctrine the media has taken a very different approach. News is now big business where for years, at least for broadcast media, it was not. News broadcasting was a requirement of broadcasters and the Fairness Doctrine protected the integrity of the broadcast news. Nielsen ratings didn't cover the news of the big 3 for years. Many papers prided themselves on being the best collection of reporters, the ones that dug deep and found the facts and actually checked info they received, and while not covered by the Fairness Doctrine often followed the lead of the broadcast media. Once the ratings became relevant, basically with the advent of cable tv where the Fairness Doctrine could not be applied, things changed.  We used to trust our media. The media used to check info before putting it out to the public. The news used to be about simply conveying the facts. Opinions were left for editorials and talk shows. Now, the media divides the people and pushes their own agendas. Try and name an unbiased news source that has any real popularity.

Its pretty sad anymore. Everything is click bait.

I have heard that Fox News is crushing it in the cable ratings. I was an O'Riely fan and would catch some of his shows on you tube every now and then. He seemed pretty straight forward. Charlie Rose as well....but it seems both were taken down by their own power.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Alright alright... you pricks need to take the political BS to Facebook where it is really fair.    This is a football forum.. back on track.  Urban Meyer.  Vote for Pedro!

Pedro?

Is she a Republican?  😛

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

No, Summer was the republican. Pedro was a 3rd party candidate who came out of nowhere to win on a landslide. I just forces the wife to watch that. Now she thinks I'm weird.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9
Share: