Well Here's Somethi...

Notifications
Clear all

Well Here's Something New...

CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

Ever gotten a phone call from the mayor?

So today I received a text from the mayor of Apex, North Carolina asking me to call him. I didn't know him and had never spoken with him before.  I called the number, introduced myself and asked what he was contacting me about.  He asked me if I had any interest in becoming the next head football coach at * * Middle School.  I told him that I was willing to discuss the opportunity.  I asked him if he was connected with the school and he said "No," but he was friends with the school's principal there.  I said, "So you're just trying to help facilitate this?"  He said, "Exactly," and then said if I was interested that he would forward my contact information to the school's principal.  I told him that he was welcome to forward my info.  We concluded the phone call and about an hour later I received a phone call from the school's principal.  We talked for about 20 minutes and she invited me to meet with her and the Athletic Director.  I suppose something will be set up by tomorrow or Friday.  Odd that the mayor would reach out to me about this.  We'll see...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

mahonz, ZACH, Coyote and 2 people liked
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

Apex looks like Mayberry. Pretty serious if the principal called in a favor to the mayor to get you onboard. They'd be lucky to have you.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Bill03
(@bill03)
Copper

Good luck Dave. 

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

What a compliment to be reached out by someone like the mayor! Wishing you the best of luck with this, what an opportunity.

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
rpatric
(@rpatric)
Bronze

I thought Clint was the Mayor of Apex??? 🤣 🤣 🤣 

CoachDP liked
ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

On an unrelated note, I have no idea what my mayor sounds like on the phone.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum

Posted by: @coach-kyle

A couple weeks ago, Mahonz was in CA with his family. His grandson wouldn't wake up to go to Disneyland, so he asked me to impersonate Michael Eisner and ask why he wasn't at the park. "I' see you bought a ticket, but I noticed you haven't arrived yet." Worked like a charm. Is Dave getting catfished by a fake mayor?

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Posted by: @gumby_in_co
Posted by: @coach-kyle

A couple weeks ago, Mahonz was in CA with his family. His grandson wouldn't wake up to go to Disneyland, so he asked me to impersonate Michael Eisner and ask why he wasn't at the park. "I' see you bought a ticket, but I noticed you haven't arrived yet." Worked like a charm. Is Dave getting catfished by a fake mayor?

The look on his face was classic. 😊 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

The school called today to let me know they'd hired a PE Teacher to be their header.  Not sure why they didn't take this route first, before calling me.  Anyhoos, obvious that middle school ADs make decisions just like high school ADs. 😳 

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

Posted by: @coachdp

The school called today to let me know they'd hired a PE Teacher to be their header.  Not sure why they didn't take this route first, before calling me.  Anyhoos, obvious that middle school ADs make decisions just like high school ADs. 😳 

--Dave

I'll bet the AD doesn't know what the attorney general sounds like.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
Share: