Well...It's Back

Notifications
Clear all

Well...It's Back

Page 2 / 4

darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

So far the Jr. Broncos new coach looks like a decent guy so far.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

On one hand, I am concerned that people will think that is how we all do it. On the other, I would be pleased to have people see how good we are.

Being compared to incompetence does not make us better; it only APPEARS to make us look so.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

His team could stand to work on their tackling.  You could almost hear the gears turning in those 9 year old heads as they thought, "breakdown, buzz, hit, shoot, then rip!" As they watched the kid with the ball run by.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

His team could stand to work on their tackling.  You could almost hear the gears turning in those 9 year old heads as they thought, "breakdown, buzz, hit, shoot, then rip!" As they watched the kid with the ball run by.

That's true. My kids did the same thing when we tried teaching that. 

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

Yeah, I am a bit confused.  We were the best tackling team, not the best skilled, in the league for 3 years.  We went to USA Football the past two seasons and I seen a drop off in our tackling and aggresion.

I did start to use Pete Carroll's EYS TO THE THIGHTs rugby style town the end of the season with better results.

It will be interesting since to coach in my league you must be USA Football certified, lol. 

ReplyQuote
Coach pauldawg
(@coach-pauldawg)
Copper

My concern is that they will be the worst team on the show. So, the guys not seeming to care about safety and cursing left and right will have more success than the guy that says safety is the most important thing and you don't need to yell at 10 yr old kids constantly. I didn't watch the first season and I have decided to tune in to learn about what not to do  ;D. What I saw from the previous entries, was that the guy from the colts was telling the kids to chant with him including an f bomb. So, that gets him suspended, but he can just casually curse all the time? Also, I think the show shows how crazy the parents can be. It is the first game of a youth football season and there was almost a fight after the game. Chill out people

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

So, that gets him suspended, but he can just casually curse all the time?

Evidently.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum

What exactly did this guy get suspended from ? He was there last year...sounds like he is there this year. So what was his suspension ? I haven't watched it. I watched the first season here and there but its a joke...

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

What exactly did this guy get suspended from ? He was there last year...sounds like he is there this year. So what was his suspension ? I haven't watched it. I watched the first season here and there but its a joke...

He was only suspended for the spring season. What got him suspended was at a practice prior to playing a team called the Jr. Rockets, he was saying "F*&K the Rockets" and having the kids repeat it after him.

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

Yeah, I am a bit confused.  We were the best tackling team, not the best skilled, in the league for 3 years.  We went to USA Football the past two seasons and I seen a drop off in our tackling and aggresion.

I did start to use Pete Carroll's EYS TO THE THIGHTs rugby style town the end of the season with better results.

It will be interesting since to coach in my league you must be USA Football certified, lol.

My league requires USA football certification too. We had 9 teams last year and all but 2 teams went away from it prior to the start of the season. The two teams that stuck with it went a combined 1-13.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

USA Football certification has nothing to do with your record.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach pauldawg
(@coach-pauldawg)
Copper

USA Football certification has nothing to do with your record.

--Dave

I think he was saying the tackling style is problematic. I have not done the certification, but from people who have, they thought it was ridiculous. The demonstration that the jr broncos coach did was similar to what I have heard. They expect them to tackle with their chest while craning their head away. Sounds like a good way to get run over.

I am amazed by a lot of things on the show. One of them is that they have a spring season. I do think it is funny that the guy got suspended, but it was for spring, so he is on the show again this year

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum

I think he was saying the tackling style is problematic. I have not done the certification, but from people who have, they thought it was ridiculous. The demonstration that the jr broncos coach did was similar to what I have heard. They expect them to tackle with their chest while craning their head away. Sounds like a good way to get run over.

I am amazed by a lot of things on the show. One of them is that they have a spring season. I do think it is funny that the guy got suspended, but it was for spring, so he is on the show again this year

I have done the USA Football certification and the tackling is a problem for smaller players.  We don't teach it that way for our small guys, but there are some good concepts to it for bigger guys, although I think that it is not worth the cost of certification in my opinion. 

I just love the guys getting suspended for swearing and targeting certain players, only to have them on film doing it all over again.  I am sure that they are just scratching the surface at what some of these coaches do that are unethical. 

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

I am sure that they are just scratching the surface at what some of these coaches do that are unethical.

"You're being suspended.  We have video evidence of what you did."

"What did you see me do?"

"You were swearing."

"Oh, thank God."

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

I have not done the certification, but from people who have, they thought it was ridiculous.

I agree that it's ridiculous.  Our county requires the high schools here to teach tackling "USA Football" style.  Last summer, I was attending a clinic given at a local university.  They were going to teach us the "USA Football" way.  I walked out.  I told my header that I'd sooner be fired than have to teach it.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: