Well...It's Back

Notifications
Clear all

Well...It's Back

Page 4 / 4

Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

How can they boast this league is the best, most competitive in the country, then show how crappy they are coached.  Makes no sense!

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

My Brother just did a shoot in Costa Rica for a reality tv show.

Told me the Producers constantly poke the bear behind the scenes to make things more interesting to the point nothing is normal.

This whole thing is staged....including the games.  Dont buy into the bullshit. The Lobos are a mess by design...the Outlaws are experiencing adversity by design....coaches and parents are saying stooopid stuff...by design.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
Topic starter  

This season may actually paint a worse picture of youth football than last season did.

Is that even possible?

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator

I will say this

I hear less about this than last year.

I don't think its a big draw anymore. I would like to hope people are smarter and not drawn in by the stupidity of the show.

Hopefully this will be the last season. I cant believe any coach would want to attach his name to this show.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

How can they boast this league is the best, most competitive in the country, then show how crappy they are coached.  Makes no sense!

They show the willingness of the head coach of the defending champions to drive 3 cities away to pick up a ringer for all team activities though.  It's really nice to see how committed he is to that one kid... ::)

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

My Brother just did a shoot in Costa Rica for a reality tv show.

Told me the Producers constantly poke the bear behind the scenes to make things more interesting to the point nothing is normal.

This whole thing is staged....including the games.  Dont buy into the bullshit. The Lobos are a mess by design...the Outlaws are experiencing adversity by design....coaches and parents are saying stooopid stuff...by design.

Spoiler Alert

I figured this out after the first season of "Survivor" when I learned that the crew provides food and drinks and weekend stays at fancy hotels for the contestants.  The only true reality show is COPS... though I'm sure most of those officers are much more polite when the camera is on...

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

A good friend of mine in San Antonio had his 2 best players recruited away by the Outlaws- very common there
He is now fending off an upstart program headed by one of the guys in the show

Not something I would do, but lots of youth football guys go off on very long limbs to create the best talented team they can- even here on the forum

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I figured this out after the first season of "Survivor" when I learned that the crew provides food and drinks and weekend stays at fancy hotels for the contestants.  The only true reality show is COPS... though I'm sure most of those officers are much more polite when the camera is on...

Huh?  ??? You just ruined Survivor for me!  >:(

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

A good friend of mine in San Antonio had his 2 best players recruited away by the Outlaws- very common there

Not something I would do, but lots of youth football guys go off on very long limbs to create the best talented team they can- even here on the forum

Dave

Curious....if you were a "poacher" wouldn't these kids have to travel long distances or do you have other Leagues in you immediate area?

ReplyQuote
Ronin
(@ronin1974)
Gold

Huh?  ??? You just ruined Survivor for me!  >:(

Oops!  Should have prefaced my comment with Spoiler Alert

ReplyQuote
Shamrocks
(@shamrocks)
Gold

Thats insane.  I grew up in a pretty big city and we had two programs and a select team, one was we played within our town but based on the school you went to, I think we had 6-7 teams and you played for the section of town that you went to school in.  I think we had 15 schools or something, so schools close by, say # 2 and # 16, were paired up and if you went to that school you played for a sponsor in that area, Exxon Tigers, etc.  The other more serious program was broken up by Little League sections that they used for baseball, regardless of school as it was more where you lived and was Western, Easter, Northern and so on.  And we also had a select travel team in which people would get cut and so on.  HUGE football town.

Where I am now, it is very rural and most of the programs are like us, struggling to keep it like 120-130 kids from 1st-8th, not easy.  There are bigger towns here with twice as many kids and it sucks.  Example, last year I had 3 subs on my sidelines during a big game, they had 17!!!!  No recruiting allowed here, you play in the school district that you attend school in, that's it. 

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Dave

Curious....if you were a "poacher" wouldn't these kids have to travel long distances or do you have other Leagues in you immediate area?

We have  a program that practices on same field complex as us
South Lincoln- some parts are just 20 miles away- in the early days when we were just starting out and didnt have enough kids- we had 3-4 kids drive from Lincoln. They were kids our parents worked with their parents type thing. Now our numbers are strong, all the kids are local

In Omaha- we had programs within 2 miles of us in all directions

When you selectively recruit, the power shifts to those players/parents who are being recruited IMO
Big can of worms, they start making demands etc- not worth it
My motto- we would love to have you, but we are going to win with or without you

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

We have  a program that practices on same field complex as us
South Lincoln- some parts are just 20 miles away- in the early days when we were just starting out and didnt have enough kids- we had 3-4 kids drive from Lincoln. They were kids our parents worked with their parents type thing. Now our numbers are strong, all the kids are local

In Omaha- we had programs within 2 miles of us in all directions

When you selectively recruit, the power shifts to those players/parents who are being recruited IMO
Big can of worms, they start making demands etc- not worth it
My motto- we would love to have you, but we are going to win with or without you

Dave

That would be weird...I currently coach in an Org that is out on a serious island. If I actively recruited players from neighboring Leagues....which is legal....those poor kids would have a ton of windshield time in front of them to come play for us.

I cant recruit active players from a neighboring Org because they are in our League and that is illegal. Some are 10-15 minutes from me.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

We try NOT to make it a big deal- but people are people sometimes

There are 5 football fields in the complex- so plenty of room to stay out of each others way

When I used to go to all the Omaha area Jr High SChools and speak to every one of their gym classes about team sports, weights and youth football

I always mentioned other programs by name very positively and said "if you are playing there, please keep playing there" and would mention their program heads by name in a very positive manner. We were aiming for kids who werent playing at all. Not a fan of poaching players.

ReplyQuote
pirate1590
(@pirate1590)
Copper

Actually agree with the sentiment by DP- I cannot believe how poorly coached these teams are. Last year was made bad solely by that idiot on the Broncos-who apparently was a flag coach who moved up to the Rookie team to get his fifteen minutes of fame. Those coaches and parents save the momager on the Broncos and the Colts parents who are back again are absolute train wrecks of people. How anyone willingly procreated with them I will never know.

The Lobos- Where do I start? This team is an disaster. Their offensive lines are in HORRIBLE stances-I can tell they have no set blocking schemes or techniques. They actually have a good amount of talent, but are incredibly ineptly managed. Their backs dont know how to take a proper handoff..et al. Their coaching staff is in disarray, the HC is very nice but incredibly passive and lets that insane OC and his kid interfere with the offense and give the ball to his kid 90 percent of the time. The kid in question is actually not a bad player at all, but is nowhere near dominant and very small- a one way starter on a lot of teams.They have a bunch of other coaches meddling and telling their players different things, changing the offense and defense to feature Justice. Throw in the loudmouth mom and rightfully angry parents...that team doesnt win a game this year.

The Broncos-Their coach is trying WAY to hard to be politically correct and fun. You can absolutely have fun in this game, if you arent you shouldnt be coaching kids, but at the same time you have to be a little bit of a disciplinarian in your own way. The team tackles/blocks high and has very unstructured practices and a playbook thats too basic. They are soft as butter because of this style-prediction 2-6.

The Colts- Coach is completely classless and has the mouth of a sailor. Team is actually very well fundamentally sound but is extremely undisciplined and commits a ton of penalties and mental errors. Their offensive line is very poorly coached and rely solely on their skill players, plus they cant tackle. Prediction:6-2

The Spartans-Coach seems fairly level headed, but a little too military like. Team does zero fit to freeze and solely scrimmages the whole time and devotes half the practice to calisthenics. Dont get a lot of screen time. Prediction: 4-4

Outlaws They have a ton of talent. Daibo and that whole team is extremely physical and athletic. No favoritism and I like how the coaches are playing the best players in the best positions. That being said, they have way to many coaches trying to be in charge and fighting among themselves and they dont really have an offensive identity besides giving it to the fast kid and letting him run around end. Their defense is physical-but they tackle extremely high and their coaches are extremely unprofessional in their approach to other teams. They will win solely because of their talent.

Thats it.. 2 decently coached teams, 1 poorly coached and two trainwrecks. I cannot see how this is the best youth league in the US, if those coaches had to play with the same parameters as all of us in other leagues with weight restrictions and MMP rules they would get blown off the field.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: