Page 2 / 2

pittpete
(@pittpete)
Copper

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

I'm also sure you realize that the majority of youth coaches in the US are much closer to what you see on Friday Night Tykes.  Please don't take offense to these generalizations as I know you are the rare exception and not the types discussed below.

No, quite the contrary.  I haven't seen Fri. Night Tykes, but from the descriptions I've read here, what's shown there is the rare exception.  I've coached in several different clubs, now in both the Bronx & Sussex Co. NJ, and I've seen just one coach (Miguel) who was even partly like that.

What’s REALLY killing youth football in America

I think you're wrong about that too.  Those things are not trends.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold

Our league saw growth this year...two new teams in my age group...

And you mentioned Texas twice in your post (FNT and a Governor election)...I take offense dude, if I knew where you were you were from I'd throw some stereo types your way, but I have got to go shoe my horses...

The Asians (at least in our neck of the woods) are starting to...whats the word...assimilate maybe, to our culture...we have several SW Asians on my son's HS football team, where previously, they would typically only participate in individual sports....starting to see them playing team sports, like football and wrestling (yes, some could argue that is an individual sport).

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
SmakAtak
(@smakatak)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Our league saw growth this year...two new teams in my age group...

And you mentioned Texas twice in your post (FNT and a Governor election)...I take offense dude, if I knew where you were you were from I'd throw some stereo types your way, but I have got to go shoe my horses...

The Asians (at least in our neck of the woods) are starting to...whats the word...assimilate maybe, to our culture...we have several SW Asians on my son's HS football team, where previously, they would typically only participate in individual sports....starting to see them playing team sports, like football and wrestling (yes, some could argue that is an individual sport).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Perry_veto_controversy

I grew up in Houston.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: