Notifications
Clear all

Wing T

Page 1 / 3

Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Topic starter  

How come outside of D.C. systems how is there not more wing t chat.

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Hit up Jake when he pops in. He was a regular for a while but doesn't come around much anymore. He ran a really nice youth wing t.

I just don't think that most of the guys on here run the wing t. There are some that have run it but have moved onto something else. If you post a wing t question I promise you will get some great responses.

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Topic starter  

Thanks Coach

ReplyQuote
coachdoug
(@coachdoug)
Gold

I've seen Jake's team play and I can vouch for the effectiveness of his offense - it was fun to watch.  There are a number of guys on here that are familiar with the Wing-T, even if they don't run it now.  For instance, one of our most knowledgeable resident gurus, Joe (mhcoach), ran the Wing-T for a number of years way back in the day (in the 80s, I think), but he still knows it well and can definitely answer any questions you may have.

Video clips: www.youtube.com/footballcoachdoug
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/footballcoachdoug

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
Topic starter  

I just love talking learning and coaching it as I'm in my 12 yr running it with a lot of success I love trading thoughts seeing who does what different than by the book .

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

I might just say because DC's Wing is a good offense for youth!  Yes there are variants! 

My Offense last season was Delaware (Belly Series) based, as it was years ago.  I took many liberties with formation and plays. Why?  I am not the University of Delaware!  My horses differ, especially up front, with regards to ability!  Prior I spent a lot of time with Down and Trap blocking as opposed to what The Delaware calls for.  I also add a lot of Veer Concepts.

Clark's offense differs in similar fashion as it adds wider splits and more than Belly material. 

Offenses are no different than Defenses yet I find it, in my mind, easier to accommodate my defense! Ask Clark about the value of a true FB with a misdirection offense! 

JMHO

😉       

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Hurricane
(@hurricane)
Bronze

In roughly 9 years of coaching I've yet to see a team run the Wing-T. After the season this past year I really sat down and started looking into it and am really interested in running this coming season. 

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I just love talking learning and coaching it as I'm in my 12 yr running it with a lot of success I love trading thoughts seeing who does what different than by the book .

C

Then you and Clark ( dumcoach ) are going to get along well.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

Correa,

Being a fellow Wing T fanatic you will find a fair amount of Wing T conversations within the forum.  Most will be in the T Style Offense section (see the Offensive Scheme section)

As to why more coaches do not run the Wing T, I have no idea.  Yet a good guess would be the size of the splits needed to make it work.

I myself have seen probably 3-4 teams run the Wing T at the youth level here in IL.  Those that run it here have always been very successful with the offense.

While some of the series can be install intensive (age based of course) I found the 30 series to be a very effective offense for younger teams to use and then build on the offense over the years as they age. On the other hand Clarks DC Wing T is a very simple and highly effective offense ideal for the youth game.

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

I run it. Now I run a hybrid wing-t and I love it. I'm always looking to talk wing-t

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

I can answer some questions. I finally have some time to post here again.

As far as your originial question, I think it's an offense that requires a lot of effort an expertise on the coaching staff. So not a lot of youth coaches run it. The SW and DW have a lot more info for youth coaches to use.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I can answer some questions. I finally have some time to post here again.

As far as your originial question, I think it's an offense that requires a lot of effort an expertise on the coaching staff. So not a lot of youth coaches run it. The SW and DW have a lot more info for youth coaches to use.

Speak of the Devil.  😛 How ya been? What have you been up to lately?

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

I'm a Wing-T Coach now. Not sure if I'm a good one or not.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Speak of the Devil.  😛 How ya been? What have you been up to lately?

All good man. Fam, work, work & more work. Lol. You know how it is.

But I'm gearing up for next season. These weight increases change everything. 15 lbs for O/L at the JM level is crazy. Gonna have a hude effect.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond

JJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wow good to see you pal, I hope all is well.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3
Share: