Notifications

Youth Football in Denver  

RSS

CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
May 27, 2014 8:46 am  

Coaches

I have a family that played in my org that is relocating to Denver. Their son would be interested in continuing to play football. Can anyone recommend an org or a league to look into in the area? He's a big boy. He's 12 years old, 6' and about 250lbs. Any help would be appreciated.

Joel

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
May 27, 2014 8:53 am  

I hear there is a guy on here (I think his name is Mahonz) (Mike) does football up in the Denver area.

He may be a great place to start

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
May 27, 2014 9:07 am  

I thought Mike was closer to Colorado Springs for some reason. You're absolutely right though I will PM him.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite
May 27, 2014 9:10 am  

12 years old, 6' and about 250lbs.

I thought Mike was closer to Colorado Springs for some reason.

I'm sure he wouldn't be opposed to moving.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 27, 2014 9:12 am  

Coaches

I have a family that played in my org that is relocating to Denver. Their son would be interested in continuing to play football. Can anyone recommend an org or a league to look into in the area? He's a big boy. He's 12 years old, 6' and about 250lbs. Any help would be appreciated.

Joel

What city are they moving too?....there are coaches on this Forum from many parts of the Denver Metro.

There are 4 Leagues....my League is South, West and North Suburbs.....another League is South, East and North Suburbs and the other League is North Suburbs. Then PAL covers Denver proper.

All are Independent unlimited weight format.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
May 27, 2014 9:13 am  

He's not a ripped 250. He's a project. He's heavier than he should be but he is most definitely athletic. But he's pretty green. Played one spring season with us but couldnt play fall because we are weight limited. He played in an unlimited league near us in 2013. I reached out to them when our Pop Warner conference decided to go unlimited at the oldest age group 11-14. His mom told me they were moving. This is a kid and a family that we would be glad to have in our program and I want to make sure he lands on his feet when they get to Colorado.

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
May 27, 2014 9:14 am  

What city are they moving too?....there are coaches on this Forum from many parts of the Denver Metro.

There are 4 Leagues....my League is South, West and North Suburbs.....another League is South, East and North Suburbs and the other League is North Suburbs. Then PAL covers Denver proper.

All are Independent unlimited weight format.

Mike I sent you a PM. They are moving to Centennial.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 27, 2014 9:18 am  

Mike I sent you a PM. They are moving to Centennial.

I just replied.

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
May 27, 2014 1:00 pm  

Did you him point towards SJco Mike 😉

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 27, 2014 1:36 pm  

Did you him point towards SJco Mike 😉

R

C470?....from Lone Tree to Ken Caryl...at 5 pm?....for practice....for 100 days? 

Joel wouldnt speak to any of us anymore.  😛

ReplyQuote
O-Lcoach
(@o-lcoach)
Copper
May 27, 2014 5:12 pm  

Yeah your right,I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Except my opponents on game day!

ReplyQuote
Shanks
(@shanks)
Bronze
May 27, 2014 8:26 pm  

Sounds like warriors territory to me.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
May 27, 2014 8:43 pm  

Warriors have the coolest unis that's for sure.  🙂

ReplyQuote
COCoachKC
(@cocoachkc)
Bronze
Colorado
Retired
May 28, 2014 9:35 am  

There are three AYL clubs covering Centennial: Thunder to the west, Creek in the middle and Spartans to the east.  Really need to know where the family is moving and which school the young man will attend as there are defined boundaries and restrictions on the number of out-of-territory players.

Warriors cover Highlands Ranch west to Roxborough Park.

Kent

ReplyQuote
CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver
May 28, 2014 10:57 am  

Kent

I passed your info along. I am hoping that the family will contact you. They can give you an idea of where they'll be living and what school their son will be attending.
Thank you to you and Mike for your assistance. Its really appreciated.

Joel

ReplyQuote
Share: