Youth Tournaments i...

Notifications
Clear all

Youth Tournaments in the Midwest

Coach H
(@jason-hunsaker)
Copper
Topic starter  

Looking for youth tournaments 10U around the Midwest. Any suggestions?

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold

I've coached in three tournaments in Ohio and I know there are many more.

The OAC puts together a nice tournament in the Sandusky area. Website: http://www.ohioathletics.com/

There is a Midwest National Youth Tournament in the Cleveland area. Their site: http://midwestnationalyouthtournament.org/

And we played in one in Columbus that was sponsored by Dick's Sporting Goods.

You can also check here: http://www.infosports.com/ftourn.htm

All three of the tournaments I mentioned are fairly well organized and the teams that I've seen participate are pretty well coached and play with heart and class.  I've seen 2 "bad apple" teams in two years and it was more so the idiot coaches and parents ruining it for a good group of kids that played hard.

ReplyQuote
TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver

I seen your KU so thought maybe your from KS. OK has 2 nice end of year tournaments. The big one is called the Sooner Classic...1st place get some pretty nice rings. They get teams from KS, AR, TX, OK, MO, CO. Very well ran tourney. SoonerClassic.com is the website. Been around for for years.

Also have a fairly new tournament been going for about 4 yrs now in Muskogee, OK called The River Rumble. Ran very good and getting bigger every year. Haven't seen too many out if state teams come to it as it is the same weekend as the Sooner Classic. They are trying to step it to get some surrounding states attention. But still good competition comes to it. They also started giving rings to 1st place this last year. Very well ran also.

Ive been to both over the years and prefer the classic cuz of the out of state teams coming in just makes it more exciting for me. But went to the Rumble twice due to classic not having my age group at the time.

But if you are in KS I would guarantee the Classic is the best around you.

Pain is Temporary...Pride is Forever!

A Champion will do what a loser won't do to succeed!!

Who Am I?

ReplyQuote
Coach H
(@jason-hunsaker)
Copper
Topic starter  

Thanks guys!! I'v looked in the tournament in Cleveland. Problem is that's over 8 hours away for our first out of state tournament. Maybe next year we can make it there. They have a facebook page where they post a lot of info. Wish it was closer.

The Sooner Classic is MUCH closer though. I will check that out for sure. Maybe we should start a Border Showdown Tournament since your a Tiger! A great rivalry younger generations will never know about now.

"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself" Albert Einstein

ReplyQuote
TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver

I dont even know what you talking about lol.

But yes the Classic is nice. Wichita always brings teams down. Use to be Aztecs last 2 years they were the Cowboys tho. Good competition too!

Who Am I?

ReplyQuote
coachjb1
(@coachjb1)
Copper

9th Annual Kentuckiana Klassic

www.Kentuckianaklassic.com

😉 😉

ReplyQuote
TigerMOJO
(@infccoach)
Silver

Its funny when u say Midwest....Mid west is actually a broad area!

Who Am I?

ReplyQuote
Share: