Notifications

Advantages of Mega Splits  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 6, 2020 2:11 pm  

Enough space is created that even your Center can run some footballs for fun. 😎 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
September 6, 2020 2:30 pm  

The most difficult thing about mega splits is playing teams more then once. We played this team a lot...Spring and Fall and they gave us fits with their Amoebae style of play. They were dang good at it to with great athletes. We learned how to offset that with a quick tempo passing game out of a super spread formation. What I like about the bigger splits in Empty was the DE position was no longer an issue even after we compress our splits...something we had to do against all these athletes. Now that "edge rusher" is simply too far away to make a difference.

Sometimes when you cant go thru them...its better to go over them. I miss that team...great rivalry. Still talk to their coach on FB. 

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
September 6, 2020 6:48 pm  
Posted by: @mahonz

We did learn how to execute under center. We also gave our QB the green light to run sneak when ever he saw the D do dumb. You can see that this plays was going to be a toss sweep by the actions of others.....only the QB knows he is keeping. This particular QB was very good at this. 

:08 - "I need penetration, D-Line!!!!". This suggests he wasn't getting it. Hint: He wasn't.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: