Notifications

Against this 4-4  

RSS

coachmiket
(@coachmiket)
Gold
September 12, 2012 7:05 am  

We have some Wing-I stuff (power, counter, dive, wedge, toss sweep) and some spread/jet stuff.

What would you run against this type of 4-4:
                S

C    B      B  B      B    C
      E    T        T    E
      E.T.G.C.G.T.E.
                Q          W
                F
                T

coachkev
(@coachkev)
Silver
September 12, 2012 7:07 am  

wedge
trap the 3's
power
counter
power pa pass

ReplyQuote
matt8188
(@matt8188)
Gold
September 12, 2012 9:08 am  

We have some Wing-I stuff (power, counter, dive, wedge, toss sweep) and some spread/jet stuff.

What would you run against this type of 4-4:
                S

C    B      B  B      B    C
      E    T        T    E
      E.T.G.C.G.T.E.
                Q          W
                F
                T

Against double 3 techniques, you should always attack the bubble over the center. I like automatic qb sneaks or fb traps.

Also, with the lb's that close together, you could probably run a counter trey and laugh as they collide into each other.

Outside zone, jet sweep, and toss sweep are also good plays against teams that want to trap their lb's that far inside.

"People think I'm the best damn coach in the world, but Neyland taught me everything l know"-Bear Bryant"The measure of who we are, is what we do, with what we have."-Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
Loftdawg
(@loftdawg)
Copper
September 12, 2012 9:40 am  

FB Dive. We run ours with DT in the B gap unblocked and 9 times out of 10 he runs right by the play as long as the TB is running at the C gap. Guards and Tackles release up to LBs. Our Center will block man on man over but you wouldn't even have to do that.

Looks like a TE reverse would work as well.

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
September 12, 2012 10:32 am  

This looks kind of like a split 4-4, but in my experience, they don't usually stack their outside backers like that.  What I have seen is the ends in a 6 or even a 7 tech, and the outside backers walked up almost on the line in kind of a 9 tech.  Usually pretty tough to run the edges on this if it's well coached, IMO.  Wedge, A gap runs and traps at the 3's, as someone pointed out before, as well as TE Pop Pass off of wedge action and flood pass will hurt this defense considerably.

ReplyQuote
Share: