Page 2 / 2
  RSS

terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
September 15, 2019 2:07 pm  

My apologies... I had no idea. Heading out there now!!

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
September 15, 2019 2:19 pm  

Start at beginning with stance and splits. Get them in fantastic stances, not ok ir passible, the best. From there teach them how to be fast with their feet, towards the end michael was sold on first step and then just block, the 3 step progression made things slow he said n i agree, we drilled from that convo on fast first step and nothing else the rest took care if it self.

Im a messsage away

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond
September 15, 2019 3:33 pm  

Maybe you can get away w/ recessing your line as far as we do. Might help. lol

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
September 15, 2019 7:06 pm  

Maybe you can get away w/ recessing your line as far as we do. Might help. lol

^ This is a great start

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
bigshel
(@bigshel)
Gold
September 27, 2019 10:43 am  

It's really hard to watch, especially when i have no say over the offense. Thank you guys for the advice. Hoping to talk some sense into the header and get this thing worked out.

I'm going to suggest installing an unbalanced beast package as our base offense instead of this multiple formation train wreck our OC drew up in his notebook. Beast isn't pretty, but it is an effective way to run with power and slow the game down.

At this point there really isn't time for a complete system overhaul so I'm pretty much stuck trying to figure out how ibcan get my defense to not only shut out opponents, but also put points on the board. Not a recipe for success!
Definitely won't put myself in this situation again!

I beg to differ.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
September 30, 2019 8:52 am  

Okay, late to the party on this...and there have been good suggestions...and I may ask some dumb questions that have been asked and answered...

Shows you are coaching 11s? I will base my response on this age group...

First off...11's are plenty old enough to be taught a bunch of different things...you just have to know their physical limitations...and play to them...for example, you can't have your 11 year old Center snap the ball then try and reach a 3 tech (for example)...never going to happen....can he reach a 2 tech...probably, unless he is really slow...(and by reach, I don't mean a reach block, I mean "get there".)…

You talked about the grab bag multiple offense in the OC's notebook...sometimes there is nothing wrong with that...as long as he has little lines coming off the big guys up showing how they are going to get it blocked...

So...first you have to teach them...as has been suggested, Stance comes first...then alignment, then technique...

I prefer a staggered foot two point stance...feet a little wider than shoulder width, feet staggered so that he can step in either direction equally well. For me, this allows them to see the whole defense...so when the bad guys walk down blitzers (for example)...they can see it.

Alignment...the deeper the better...it gives you a lot of things...angles and time to react...splits...well that is going to depend on what kind of lineman I have...I want them between 18 and 24 inches...but that is what my offense does...and yes...even against blitzes...we taught our line to talk to each other, and if a blitzer walked down, they would make the line call to deal with him depending upon the play called.

Then train them up...lots of board work....have them go against players that are faster than they are...and then fix their paths so that they can deal with the speed...oh...and something we loved to do against blitzes...cut them down...while throwing something quick to get the ball out of the backfield...

Of course...I know you are already in season...so maybe this is not at all helpful...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: