Blocking the 3 tech

Notifications

Blocking the 3 tech  

RSS

nwmocb
(@nwmocb)
Bronze
September 1, 2017 3:15 am  

You guys got any suggestions on blocking a 3 technique once you pull the guard?  As soon as i pull my guard the 3 tech he is in my back field trying to teach the tackle to get there but he never does.

CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond
September 1, 2017 3:24 am  

Dive and cut by the bs tackle

Or block back by the center

Or pick off chaser with a back

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsAGo to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite
September 1, 2017 3:54 am  

How far are you recessed?

ReplyQuote
blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver
September 1, 2017 3:55 am  

Make sure your C is opening up completely flat or even going back slightly and getting his head in front of the 3 tech.  You can have your G cut down his split if necessary to bring the 3 tech in there closer.

If you're trying to scoop the 3 tech with the T, you should back your line off the ball as far as possible (hand on the C's heel).  The T needs to open up completely flat and get his head in front of the 3, ripping his backside arm up through the bottom of the 3 tech's thigh to cut him.  He can lay out flat if he has to--the most important thing is getting his body in front for the 3 tech to "make that 3 a 5."  You can have him cut down his split to 1' or even 6" if you have to.

Other options are to have a back fill for the puller or, if you're in the gun or pistol, read the 3 tech on runs away from him for a keep up the middle.  You may also have the G make a call when he has a 3 tech to make the T or even C pull, depending on the play, while the G blocks back on the 3 tech.

ReplyQuote
J. Potter (seabass)
(@seabass)
Gold
September 5, 2017 10:15 am  

I'm assuming you are pulling a front side G to backside? We back block that 3 with our Center most of the time.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
September 5, 2017 12:11 pm  

In a gap scheme bst will "pull check " or replace the guard. We coach it as " get into the position the guard was and be prepared for collision"

If the 3 tech is beating your tackle we will call something that says we will have the center take the 3 and tackle goes for touchdown block.

If the 3 tech is still a pain in the ass your trapping the wrong tackle or your just screwed all together

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Share: