Clear all

Give me a tag name

Page 1 / 2

Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

or name that formation.

I've been trying to come up with a tag or formation name for a couple of "wildcat" formations that I want to use.

Here's my base...

Tiger...
...X...............T..G..C..G..T........Y
..................................F............................Z
......................H....Q

Right...
............................Q
...............................H

FB Slot Left...
...........F...................................................Z

Strong Right...
...X...............T..G..C..G..T..Y
..................................F...Z
............................Q..H

These are the two formations I need tagged or named...
#1...
..................X..G..C..G..T..T.......................Y
...Z............................................F
...........................Q....H

#2.....................X..G..C..G..T..T.......................Y
...Z....................................F...............H
..................................Q

I'm trying to come up with something simple, but my mind is blank. Last thing I want is something like Zorro(Z-over) tackle over Horse (HB) slot right.

Can't wait to see how imaginative you guys are!  ;D

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

V

This will blow your mind.  😉

I have fully tapped into play calling that is what you hear is what you do. Since we play call off the QB’s wrist coach I don’t care if a play call gets wordy. Id rather they not have to memorize anything like Tiger or whatnot. It allows me to plug in a discovery at any time without blowing up my blueprint. Using the Joe Gibbs numbering system….

1st formation would be – 44R
2nd formation would be- 66R
3rd formation would be – 44R F22
4th formation would be- 66 R RIVER IN
5th formation would be – 66R Z11 X IN
6th formation would be- 88R Z11 X IN

3rd formation with F motioning to his alignment on cue - 44R F62

3rd formation with F shifting to his alignment on cue - 44R F62 DANCE

4th formation with Z and Y shifting on cue- 66 R RIVER DANCE IN

5th formation with Z motioning to his alignment – 66R Z91 X IN ( cant really shift Z across the field)

6th formation with H motioning to his alignment- 68R Z11 X IN

6th formation with H shifting to his alignment- 68R DANCE Z11 X IN

Example of a 6th formation play call - 68R ~ Z11 X IN ~ Q6 ~ SPEED R

Format is FORMATION / MOTIONS OR SHIFTS OR ALIGMENTS / BACKFIELD ACTIONS / BLOCKING RULES

Formation is RIGHT so all players listen to that / H is the formation tagged back throughout the entire playbook so he aligns at 6 and motions to 8 on cue then blocks SPEED / Z is tagged to align different from base so he aligns at 1 and stays at 1 so he listens for that / X is tagged IN so he listens for that / Q is running to 6 zone so everyone listens for that / SPEED R is the blocking scheme so everyone listens for that. Snap count is predetermined or added onto the end of the play call.

If you want multiple, this works VERY well.

Want to go under Center? Those plays calls all begin with a 5.

My thoughts.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

Seems like I kind of remember a post on that some time ago. Now I have to look for that.

You know, Mike, or maybe I should address this to Clark...
We really need a separate Mahonz thread that has all the powerpoints he's posted. It would make life so much more simpler.

ReplyQuote
PBTide
(@pbtide)
Bronze

We use the name of local indian tribes:  Chocktaw, Chicasaw, Creek, or local teams, Rebel, Bama, Tiger, etc.  Kids like it.

"If you throw the football, four things can happen and three of them are bad.  It can be incomplete, it can be intercepted, or somebody might shoot your receiver from the stands." - Coach Paul Bryant

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

Wouldn't you know it? I found the Mahonz play calling thread.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

Call the one with the FB in the slot Fullcat and the one with the HB in the slot Halfcat. 

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

V

Actually, it's pretty simple after going through your other thread.

I see how you got the backs in position. How do you bring the LT over? Just say Tackle over 66R Z11 X IN

So couple of questions.

My 44R is essentially a DCWT alignment. If I send Z in motion to crack block the DE on sweep, would I call... 44R Z98 28 sweep? I'm not sending him through the RT/Y gap.

And for a jet sweep. Take 88R Z11... Would that become 88R Z19 48 sweep?

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

In case anyone wants to know...
http://www.dumcoach.com/index.php/topic,2961.msg35271.html#msg35271

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite

V

I have fully tapped into play calling that is what you hear is what you do. Since we play call off the QB’s wrist coach I don’t care if a play call gets wordy. Id rather they not have to memorize anything like Tiger or whatnot. It allows me to plug in a discovery at any time without blowing up my blueprint. Using the Joe Gibbs numbering system….

1st formation would be – 44R
2nd formation would be- 66R
3rd formation would be – 44R F22
4th formation would be- 66 R RIVER IN

3rd formation with F motioning to his alignment on cue - 44R F62

3rd formation with F shifting to his alignment on cue - 44R F62 DANCE

4th formation with Z and Y shifting on cue- 66 R RIVER DANCE IN

5th formation with Z motioning to his alignment – 66R Z91 X IN ( cant really shift Z across the field)

6th formation with H motioning to his alignment- 68R Z11 X IN

6th formation with H shifting to his alignment- 68R DANCE Z11 X IN

Example of a 6th formation play call - 68R ~ Z11 X IN ~ Q6 ~ SPEED R

Format is FORMATION / MOTIONS OR SHIFTS OR ALIGMENTS / BACKFIELD ACTIONS / BLOCKING RULES

Formation is RIGHT so all players listen to that / H is the formation tagged back throughout the entire playbook so he aligns at 6 and motions to 8 on cue then blocks SPEED / Z is tagged to align different from base so he aligns at 1 and stays at 1 so he listens for that / X is tagged IN so he listens for that / Q is running to 6 zone so everyone listens for that / SPEED R is the blocking scheme so everyone listens for that. Snap count is predetermined or added onto the end of the play call.

If you want multiple, this works VERY well.

Want to go under Center? Those plays calls all begin with a 5.

My thoughts.

You dont really think I am going to let this pass???

TT

You have to parachute back down to earth here a bit.
smorgasbord? You post up more than any of us... Now you are off on some NFL tangent

Mike, you have to parachute back down to earth here a bit.
You post more than any of us this is youth football, not the NFl....Now you are off on some NFL tangent. 😉 ;D

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold
Topic starter  

Call the one with the FB in the slot Fullcat and the one with the HB in the slot Halfcat.

Hmm. That's not half bad.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Actually, it's pretty simple after going through your other thread.
I see how you got the backs in position. How do you bring the LT over? Just say Tackle over 66R Z11 X IN

So couple of questions.

My 44R is essentially a DCWT alignment. If I send Z in motion to crack block the DE on sweep, would I call... 44R Z98 28 sweep? I'm not sending him through the RT/Y gap.

And for a jet sweep. Take 88R Z11... Would that become 88R Z19 48 sweep?

V

Once you have the secret code key the sky is the limit.

What I like is you design a play call...then in a game for whatever reason you have some issue going on with a particular defender that is upsetting your apple cart and you think....man I wish I could align Bubba on the other side and have him do this...but I haven’t taught that.

Now you yell out the number that coincides with your play call to the QB and you also yell out to Bubba who is playing Z or F or whatever... and get his attention and tell him...13 CRACK 13 CRACK !...and he knows exactly what you mean and what you want with no reps. As Bubba breaks the huddle he tells the QB...”coaches override”....so the QB does not freak when Bubba does his own thing.

For the next came you add Bubba's 13 Crack to the wrist coach.

So to answer your question....its probably more accurate to call...44R Z97 CRACK 28 sweep

Or...water it down a little bit. 

Think about this.

Why do we all insist on naming and numbering the eligible positions? The LOT isnt the LOT and number 7. He is the LOT.

So don’t.

Its Q, Z , H , F ,X and Y . Done.

Why do we all insist on numbering every hole? Who runs to all 8 gaps? You are calling 28 and then being redundant by using the key word sweep. The 8 gap being where?.... outside of Z. 99% of the time your 2 back never even gets close to Z and if you call 8 then the entire team better know its sweep. 

So Simplify and number your gaps by zones and drop the backs numbering system entirerly and dont be redundant. You have the 0 zone that goes from inside OG to OG. The 1 and 3 zones that go from inside the OG to inside the TE on both sides…then you have the 2 and 4 zone that is anything outside of the TE’s. What are you going to do…run one play in the 0, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 holes. Silly if you think about it. The difference between a 2 hole and a 4 hole is one giant smelly pair of butt cheeks.

Now your play call is watered down and can get more specific for the OG that cant remember to attach 8 and sweep into something meaningful.

44R Z97 CRACK H4 SPEED R

What you hear is what you do. Now that OG does nothing but learn the zones and practices his speed blocking until he pukes. He never thinks sweep or buck or Midline or Jet or Jumbo or Tiger or Rocket or Quick or Cartwheel or whatever else you call out in that funky Wing T speak. What he hears is what he do.

Then when you want to play action off that motion for a TD...

44R Z97 POST H4 ACTION SLIDE R

You cant even design a playbook with all of the options you now have and teach it to kids using tags....you have to use a system and the Joe Gibbs number system when plugged in with a littel forethought... is flippin' genius its so simple.

ReplyQuote
Michael
(@michael)
Kryptonite

V

Once you have the secret code key the sky is the limit.

What I like is you design a play call...then in a game for whatever reason you have some issue going on with a particular defender that is upsetting your apple cart and you think....man I wish I could align Bubba on the other side and have him do this...but I haven’t taught that.

Now you yell out the number that coincides with your play call to the QB and you also yell out to Bubba who is playing Z or F or whatever... and get his attention and tell him...13 CRACK 13 CRACK !...and he knows exactly what you mean and what you want with no reps. As Bubba breaks the huddle he tells the QB...”coaches override”....so the QB does not freak when Bubba does his own thing.

For the next came you add Bubba's 13 Crack to the wrist coach.

So to answer your question....its probably more accurate to call...44R Z97 CRACK 28 sweep

Or...water it down a little bit. 

Think about this.

Why do we all insist on naming and numbering the eligible positions? The LOT isnt the LOT and number 7. He is the LOT.

So don’t.

Its Q, Z , H , F ,X and Y . Done.

Why do we all insist on numbering every hole? Who runs to all 8 gaps? You are calling 28 and then being redundant by using the key word sweep. The 8 gap being where?.... outside of Z. 99% of the time your 2 back never even gets close to Z and if you call 8 then the entire team better know its sweep. 

So Simplify and number your gaps by zones and drop the backs numbering system entirerly and dont be redundant. You have the 0 zone that goes from inside OG to OG. The 1 and 3 zones that go from inside the OG to inside the TE on both sides…then you have the 2 and 4 zone that is anything outside of the TE’s. What are you going to do…run one play in the 0, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 holes. Silly if you think about it. The difference between a 2 hole and a 4 hole is one giant smelly pair of butt cheeks.

Now your play call is watered down and can get more specific for the OG that cant remember to attach 8 and sweep into something meaningful.

What you hear is what you do. Now that OG does nothing but learn the zones and practices his speed blocking until he pukes. He never thinks sweep or buck or Midline or Jet or Jumbo or Tiger or Rocket or Quick or Cartwheel or whatever else you call out in that funky Wing T speak. What he hears is what he do.

Then when you want to play action off that motion for a TD...

44R Z97 POST H4 ACTION SLIDE R

You cant even design a playbook with all of the options you now have and teach it to kids using tags....you have to use a system and the Joe Gibbs number system when plugged in with a littel forethought... is flippin' genius its so simple.

Never trust a guy who needs a post that long to explain how simple his playcalling system is. 😉

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Never trust a guy who needs a post that long to explain how simple his playcalling system is. 😉

😀

I just want to be thourough....especially since my play calling design has gone to this over the last 6 or 7 years. If you go search my Spread I or Flexbone playbooks I posted up....I get lots of PM's because not many understand the play calls. Its in Gibbs Speak.

Its why Coach B is mad at me today. He asked me to do some articles that I have been trying to "convert" into normal speak. I should just probably just do an article on the system first and not convert anything.  :- It would be easier but without the code key...waste of server space.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

You dont really think I am going to let this pass???
Mike, you have to parachute back down to earth here a bit.
You post more than any of us this is youth football, not the NFl....Now you are off on some NFL tangent. 😉 ;D

😀

But I took one season to debug at the semi pro level and 2 seasons to debug at the youth level before I went public.

None of us...including you... have ever Sally Blocked a 4 tech and a 9 tech when running IZ at the youth level.  😉 😉 😉

I have Sally Blokced the entire OL except the Center back when I was all into draws... so Sally Blocking a 4 and a 9 when running inside makes perfect sense....but for IZ? That is from one of your alternate universe playbooks my friend.  8)

ReplyQuote
CoachCalande
(@www-coachcalande-com)
Diamond

or name that formation.

I've been trying to come up with a tag or formation name for a couple of "wildcat" formations that I want to use.

Here's my base...

Tiger...

Right...
............................Q
...............................H

FB Slot Left...
...........F...................................................Z

Strong Right...
...X...............T..G..C..G..T..Y
..................................F...Z
............................Q..H

These are the two formations I need tagged or named...
#1...
..................X..G..C..G..T..T.......................Y
...Z............................................F
...........................Q....H

#2.....................X..G..C..G..T..T.......................Y
...Z....................................F...............H
..................................Q

I'm trying to come up with something simple, but my mind is blank. Last thing I want is something like Zorro(Z-over) tackle over Horse (HB) slot right.

Can't wait to see how imaginative you guys are!  ;D

Vince, start with a base, use colors to adjust...heres how we do it...

---O--O--O--X--O--O--O
-O------------O-------------O
---------------O      AT MY OLD SCHOOL, THIS WAS "COYOTE" AND WE WOULD ALWAYS LINE UP IN COYOTE UNLESS  I SAY OTHERWISE...

COYOTE, NOW EAGLE, COMES IN MANY COLORS...THE COLORS DESCRIBE THE CHANGES...

-----O--O--O--X--O--O--------------------------O
--O-------------O--------O
-----------------O--------------------THIS ONE IS RED

----O------------------O--O--X--O--O--O
---------------------O---------O------------O
--------------------------------O                      THIS ONE IS BLUE

AND WHITE....

----O---------------O--O--X--O--O--------------O
-------------------O--------O--------O
-----------------------------O

AFTER THE KIDS GET THOSE BASICS....WE CAN GET EVEN MORE "CUTE"

-ORANGE......

-----------O--O--O--X--O--O----------------------------------O
---------O------------O-------------------------------------O
-----------------------O

GOLD 

O------------------O--O--X--O--O---O
---O-----------------------O-------------O
----------------------------O

HOW ABOUT PEACH (ADDING WHITE TO ORANGE)

----O--------------------O--O--X--O--O-------------------------O
------------------------O--------O---------------------------O
----------------------------------O

AND YELLOW...ADDING WHITE TO GOLD

----O--------------------O--O--X--O--O------------------------O
--------O------------------------O--------O
----------------------------------O

BROWN.......

-------------O--O--O--X--O--O--O
----------O-------------O------------------------------------------O  (BOMBER RIGHT)
-------------------------O

BLACK....

----------------------------O--O--O--X--O--O--O
--O (BOMBER LEFT)----------------O-------------O
----------------------------------------O

ADD WHITE TO BROWN AND YOU GET TAN

---------------O---------------------O--O--X--O--O--O
-----------------------------------O---------O-----------------------------------------O
----------------------------------------------O

ADD SOME WHITE TO BLACK AND YOU GET GREY

--------------------O--O--O--X--O--O-------------------------O
--O----------------------------O--------O
--------------------------------O

ANYHOW, YOU GET THE IDEA, DOWNLOAD MY "WILD WING" DOCUMENT FROM MY WEBSITE .....THERES TONS OF GOOD FREE INFO THERE.

MOJO    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcRmKnRcsA

Go to WWW.COACHCALANDE.COM  for Double Wing DVDs, Playbook, Drills Manuals, Practice footage and emagazines. Ask me about our new 38 special dvds!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: