How should offensive linemen handle submarining  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
November 12, 2019 9:19 am  

It took me 10 seconds to teach "far hand to near hip" and taught a very tall lineman how to flip a DL like a turtle.

That sounds like Jacks way for forklifting a player. I think a friend of mine uses this still. Easy teach works great

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
November 12, 2019 11:11 am  

Good luck enforcing that with a player throwing himself at the knees of the offense

That's what I was wondering about, Robert.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
November 12, 2019 3:11 pm  

They shouldn't ever call this on the player whose knee makes contact if a player launches towards the opponent's knees.  That's not "taking aim" by the player whose knee makes contact, but it may be illegal helmet contact by the player who goes in with the head.  But if you were referring to a situation in which the opponent is already on the ground and you try to punish him by kneeing him in the earhole, that's grounds for ejection.  I wasn't sure which type of situation you were imagining.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
November 13, 2019 8:35 am  

Sorry i was away,  is it legal? No, its unsportsmanlike conduct and considered targeting by my  states rules, piaa.  Any direct contact with the helmet in an act unrelated to the game, so as bob said  a kick.

Heres the trick, dont yell "just knee him in the face" , take a time out and  tell  to bring far knee to the helmet as hard as you can just once.

I will say again this is not legal but as many pointed out...good luck calling it in b gap

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
November 13, 2019 11:18 am  

this is not legal

And that's where you lost me.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: