Offensive system he...

Notifications
Clear all

Offensive system help.

Page 4 / 4

jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

And don't get me wrong. We have lined up in dtdw and ran power 7 plays in a row from straight dtdw. Sometimes that is all we need because it works or we were being filmed or whatever. When I called the offense it was closer to that. Most of the time (meaning almost always) Jeff called the game and he was a mad scientist who got bored easily with the same look.

Ha ha - yeah, somewhere on here a few years ago I documented a couple of games we had going back to 2009-2013. 

In one game (2012) I think I ran wedge once or twice, sweep once, MAYBE 1 or 2 powers, and the rest was blast. We scored on the opening KOR, and then on like our second play from scrimmage running wedge.  We ran nothing but blast right out of the I for the final 3 quarters and scored 3 TD's doing it.  My starting backfield didn't get a single carry.  The 3 TD's running blast were scored by 3 linemen who had never carried the ball before.  Just lined them up at TB and ran blast right until they scored.

That was an ugly game. Frankly, it wasn't very fun at all, we got more work done in practice.

I can also remember a game in 2009 where I ran one counter, one or two sweeps, and the rest was wedge and power.

ReplyQuote
Lonzo36
(@lonzo36)
Lurker

Im a first year middle school football coach. Im trying to find offensive plays for 9man. Im not having any luck, any suggestions?

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Im trying to find offensive plays for 9man. Im not having any luck, any suggestions?

Yes.  Start a thread on 9-Man Football.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver

Im a first year middle school football coach. Im trying to find offensive plays for 9man. Im not having any luck, any suggestions?

Run a 9 man double wing.

Just take out the TEs and keep imagine that one of them always has to stay in to block on passes.

Or just look at the 9 man board 🙂

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

I believe Huey's has a 9 man board as well.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: