Question about clin...

Notifications
Clear all

Question about clinic level

Page 2 / 2

lakerross
(@lakerross)
Copper

I am coaching a group of 6-7 year olds and will install Jack Gregory's Triple B - Buck Wedge Series.  It has the FB wedge, reverse, sweep and qb bootleg as base plays with enough repetition and misdirection to be effective.  Coach Jack's book also has some great advice on intalling, selecting players and whats appropriate for this age group.  It also has the ability to really make teams think we are doing more than we are.  I will run all of those plays out of a base DW and implement Bull and Bear and nothing changes for the linemen.

I like the "half huddle" and the colored socks idea eventhough Bull = Left and Bear = Right, the color coding may be better as they will get excited or unfocused at some point.  Visual reminders will always work well.

I will also teach TKO to implement power series by mid season. Im excited to really work with this age group and have the pleasure of running things by my 6 year old son, who is a first timer, just to see if he is understanding.  When his eyes glaze over, then I know that I need to simply the concepts and approach to be more progressive.

I definitely will be using the 2 pt. stance.  Both of my sons learned it in 5 mins and I noticed that they explode out of it and are much faster.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I am coaching a group of 6-7 year olds and will install Jack Gregory's Triple B - Buck Wedge Series.  It has the FB wedge, reverse, sweep and qb bootleg as base plays with enough repetition and misdirection to be effective.  Coach Jack's book also has some great advice on intalling, selecting players and whats appropriate for this age group.  It also has the ability to really make teams think we are doing more than we are.  I will run all of those plays out of a base DW and implement Bull and Bear and nothing changes for the linemen.

I like the "half huddle" and the colored socks idea eventhough Bull = Left and Bear = Right, the color coding may be better as they will get excited or unfocused at some point.  Visual reminders will always work well.

I will also teach TKO to implement power series by mid season. Im excited to really work with this age group and have the pleasure of running things by my 6 year old son, who is a first timer, just to see if he is understanding.  When his eyes glaze over, then I know that I need to simply the concepts and approach to be more progressive.

I definitely will be using the 2 pt. stance.  Both of my sons learned it in 5 mins and I noticed that they explode out of it and are much faster.

L

If nothing else...half huddling helps organize the Ants on the Anthill. What we realized real quick was that breaking a huddle with a full compliment and then aligning them up was a chore....and a flag because we were taking too much time...now the OL and SE's were at least aligned properly and you only have to deal with half the players post huddle.

It is why other teams started to copy us. It is a TON of work to huddle....align properly....snap....in 25 seconds for 4 quarters. With this age group the simplest of things are difficult.

No huddle would be the best but I have no clue how you could pull that off.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: