Shifting Formations

Notifications
Clear all

Shifting Formations

Coach Jason
(@jaydog23)
Copper
Topic starter  

Wanna install "Shifting" into my Offense for the playoffs.. I understand Motion but when Shifting I am getting confused  :-[ Does my O line have to be in a three point stance before I can shift my RB's into a different formation? Could someone explain it to me about the O-Line during Shifting. Our cadence now is" Ready, Down, Set, Go" Wanna add Shift to the cadence  "Ready, Shift, Down, Set, Go"

jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

There isn't a ton to understand, actually.

Everyone has to be set for a second before either snapping or a back going in motion.

If your interior line (not including an eligible TE) get into a 3 point, they can't then move.

You can't simulate the snap with your movements.

Otherwise think of it this way - it's just like breaking the huddle.  You can move all around, as long as you don't violate one of those things. This is one of those "everything is legal except the following" things.

ReplyQuote
Coach Jason
(@jaydog23)
Copper
Topic starter  

Thanks! I was trying to make it complicated.. lol

ReplyQuote
HCScott
(@herb-scott)
Bronze

Wanna install "Shifting" into my Offense for the playoffs.. I understand Motion but when Shifting I am getting confused  :-[ Does my O line have to be in a three point stance before I can shift my RB's into a different formation? Could someone explain it to me about the O-Line during Shifting. Our cadence now is" Ready, Down, Set, Go" Wanna add Shift to the cadence  "Ready, Shift, Down, Set, Go"

Here are some examples. We always start in the  I formation and shift into the called formation. We get in "ready position" then shift in the cadence on "shift, down" and our linemen get set.

"The quarterback must go down and he must go down hard"

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Another reason to use two point stances.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: