Notifications
Clear all

Two Point or 3 Point Stance?

Page 1 / 2

CoachB
(@coachb)
Bronze
Topic starter  

What are your thoughts for Offensive Line/Defensive Line?

If you were told the league might be mandating 2 point stance next year, would you start coaching the 2 point stance now, or would you keep the 3 point stance since that's what everyone else was doing?

Is there anyone that currently runs O-line all in 2 point stance?

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Mahonz, DP and I imiagine a bunch of others use 2 pt stances. There are a few threads on the subject. Try the search function in the top right corner.

ReplyQuote
Pantherlinecoach
(@pantherlinecoach)
Bronze

Two point stance from Tackle to Tackle is illegal in the league we play in.

ReplyQuote
Coach K
(@coach-k)
Bronze

I use 2pt stances on the online.  Check with Coach DP as conversations with him gave me the confidence to switch a couple of years ago.  It has advantages and disadvantages like anything else.

ReplyQuote
SnapIt
(@trentsutton)
Copper

I switched to 2 pts last season after running out of 3 pts for the prior 3 years.  We were still able to stress staying low and maintain decent technique.  Had one major benefit as we were running DCSW - it was harder guys defense to see which back had the ball which added to our deception.  Our blocking back crouched low behind or tackle and virtually disappeared.  Highly recommend it.

"Success is the peace of mind, which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you made the effort to become the best of which you are capable." - Coach John Wooden

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

What are your thoughts for Offensive Line/Defensive Line?

--Never used it for defense.

If you were told the league might be mandating 2 point stance next year, would you start coaching the 2 point stance now, or would you keep the 3 point stance since that's what everyone else was doing?

--I've been comfortable with teaching the 2-point stance for years, with youth, middle school and our high school teams.

Is there anyone that currently runs O-line all in 2 point stance?

--Currently?  Last season, we gave our linemen the choice to play in whatever they were most comfortable in.  Our starting Left Guard and a backup Tackle used 2-point; everyone else was in a 3.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

I agree with Dave P...  NEVER on Defense!!  ;D

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
chucknduck
(@chucknduck)
Bronze

I have my o line in two pts as well.  I like to pass and it really helps with pass pro.  Also it is a bit less taxing on them in a no huddle offense.  Or u can line up and not snap the ball while the d line is in a 3pt.  Just make them hold their stances for thirty seconds while the o line is just chillin in a two pt.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Check with Coach DP as conversations with him gave me the confidence to switch a couple of years ago.

Yes, feel free to call.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I have just finished updating my PowerPoint on the 2-point stance, for anyone who's interested.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

I have just finished updating my PowerPoint on the 2-point stance, for anyone who's interested.

--Dave

Dave,

I would like to read it.

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
Luc
 Luc
(@coachluc)
Gold

--Dave

Just PMed you Coach!

(Sorry, couldn't resist -- for those who followed that other thread) 8)

Luc

To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Agree with the others...yes on O....no on D.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Dave,

I would like to read it.

Jack

Jack, it's been sent.  I know that you were championing the 2-point stance well before I ever used it.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach Paul
(@beckwinger)
Bronze

--Dave

Heck yes, I'd love a copy!

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: