Notifications
Clear all

UC jetsweep

Page 2 / 2

PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

You also can run same concept from dive back good looking red light play. In Carneige term's lol

Red light! Yup, that's what we called it.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond

We never block anything wide then a playside 2 tech.

Ive blocked it dc's way, wing t, michaels, all are similiar. Block the threats usually on 2 feet.

I learned to like rocket better bc it sets more options up. A glazier wing t clinic was basing the run game off of rocket and was a very neat insight into a diff style of wing t.

Jet hits once and does what it needs to . Twice is rare and 3x is almost unheard of.  Against an equal or better opponent

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

We have been running Jet out of our Spread Single Wing since about 2005

While UC provides more deception- from a short gun, the QB power and trap under the jet action are my favorite plays- they allow the QB vision and allow the timing to be tighter IMO
We can also snap to our BB under the jet and run trap and wedge
We have 2 counter plays and very effective play action off the jet action

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

I assume you also hand it to the fb and have a keeper as well. Good job as always. Probably some counters. Let's see it man.

https://www.hudl.com/v/28BVVq

After we loosened em up w/ a couple jet sweeps, this is Down to the FB off rocket motion.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

This is red sweep the other way. We just block it as like we block belly (in this instance it was a man call so no X block).

https://www.hudl.com/v/28Bm6Q

This is guard trap off fly action:

https://www.hudl.com/v/28Bn0V

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Why the back side stuff works I don't know. But it does and often goes for big plays. Like the backside actually has a chance of making a play on fly/rocket. They try though. Those backers take a step or two the wrong way and you're off.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

Why the back side stuff works I don't know. But it does and often goes for big plays. Like the backside actually has a chance of making a play on fly/rocket. They try though. Those backers take a step or two the wrong way and you're off.

https://www.hudl.com/v/28BX1m

This one always seems to get em.

ReplyQuote
blockandtackle
(@coacharnold)
Silver

I know of some coaches at the HS level who freak out over the Jet and actually coach their kid that when they see Jet, they need to all sell out and try to run the play down.

I once coached under a DC who did that.  I tried to tell him "if you tell the LBs and backside S to to all go flying out there at the Jet motion, we're going to get gashed inside.  The DE and playside S and CB need to be the ones killing that sweep."  I told him that I used to coach on a Jet team and I could speak from experience on the other side of the ball.  He didn't listen, though, because to him: any sweep=get in pursuit to the outside!

We once played a good wing-T team who ran a lot of Jet.  They hung 56 on us by halftime off Belly, Trap, and Tackle Trap.

I'm glad I don't coach there anymore.

ReplyQuote
COACH JC
(@winged)
Diamond

We once played a good wing-T team who ran a lot of Jet.  They hung 56 on us by halftime off Belly, Trap, and Tackle Trap.

I'm glad I didn't coach there.

That sounds familiar!

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

Don't use a conventional handoff.  Use a reach-take/fake instead.  Take the ball "on" the upfield foot, then gain depth by skate-stepping off it.  Practice the exchange steps from that point backwards & forwards.  QB's hands on sides of ball, jet back's hands top & bottom; vice versa also works.

Your EMLOS should judge what technique to use vs. their EMLOS -- reach, crab, or 2-hand fan & go.

Complementary play: slant trap.  Hand inside instead of outside, like WB scissors.

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

I’ve got a lot of experience with jet from UC. I learned it more from the Fly teams than thevwing-t guys. Though I spent a lot of time researching the hybrid wing-t guys.

ReplyQuote
coacho
(@coacho)
Silver

The Jet has been the signature play of our offense since 2007. We have been UC and in the Gun which provides concerns for the defenses. There was several years that we did not take a snap UC! I'll be speaking on the Jetsweep series this clinic season in Chicago, Detroit and Cincinnati! If I can help let me know!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

I'll be speaking on the Jetsweep series this clinic season in Chicago, Detroit and Cincinnati!

What date in Chicago?  I'm finding myself heading there more and more often.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
coacho
(@coacho)
Silver

The clinic is Feb 9-11 and I speak on the Jet Saturday night. If you are going let me know. As Always - KEEPJETTIN!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: