What are your absol...

Notifications
Clear all

What are your absolute must-have plays?

Page 2 / 4

morris
(@morris)
Platinum

100/900 Buck sweep -trap -dive- power -sally -waggle Two Tight. Until game two then we install red/ blue and put in jet series jet -gut -waggle with a power toss and toss pass and show it in week 4.Its been huge in our success those 11 staple plays.

What is the "Urban Wing-t"? 

Power, Jet, Rocket, and Power pass/flood.  I know I get more an we run "power" different ways but it is always down, kick with the F and wrap with the quick guard. 

I also have to disagree that read plays count as more than 1 play.  If you are running triple it is one play.  Now granted it is an expensive play but it is still one play. 

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

What are the other five?

Jet Series Jet-Gut -Waggle -Power Toss- Toss Pass

Head Coach Tito Correa New Britain Raiders 14-U

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

Power, Jet, Rocket, and Power pass/flood.  I know I get more an we run "power" different ways but it is always down, kick with the F and wrap with the quick guard. 

I also have to disagree that read plays count as more than 1 play.  If you are running triple it is one play.  Now granted it is an expensive play but it is still one play.

A Multiple face series based up tempo System with traditional wing t rules and  G.O.D.blocking schemes as adjustors .All Delaware Action  added  with some Double Wing parts that I added to system years ago that I jacked from Brockton high school in Mass .It has produced 10 strait regional appearances.

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

It will be in on display this year in the Patriot Division in Southern CT PW as I have always Coached in A.Y.F.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

The read option comment was a bit of a joke. One play just much more difficult for install. You don't need a whole lot more than that if you can do it. Same with triple. If you can run that you don't need more than 4 plays.

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

I always try to keep playbook under 15 plays so 30 total left and right  and they all build off each other and get perfect at them because we're fast break at every phase just the way I roll lol.

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

A Multiple face series based up tempo System with traditional wing t rules and  G.O.D.blocking schemes as adjustors .All Delaware Action  added  with some Double Wing parts that I added to system years ago that I jacked from Brockton high school in Mass .It has produced 10 strait regional appearances.

Without giving up your secret recipe how are you running traditional Wing T plays with GOD blocking?

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

Interesting. I run something similar

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

Without giving up your secret recipe how are you running traditional Wing T plays with GOD blocking?

inbox me. Or give me a call 860-921-4206 but it's done soundly trust me.

ReplyQuote
CoachJohn
(@coachj)
Platinum

Interesting. I run something similar

It has been a while, but I thought you were a rocket base offense?  Maybe I am wrong.

"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

The wing-t is a down, a kick and someone leading through the poa. There really isn't any reason one couldn't  run it with GOD blocking. We do it with TKO blocking. 

ReplyQuote
morris
(@morris)
Platinum

It has been a while, but I thought you were a rocket base offense?  Maybe I am wrong.

Rocket, jet and power. We are a hybrid wing-t.
Rocket
Jet
Down
Trap
Gut
And a bunch of different backfield actions blocked with power scheme.

Rocket is a big staple of the hybrid wing-t guys

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold

The wing-t is a down, a kick and someone leading through the poa. There really isn't any reason one couldn't  run it with GOD blocking. We do it with TKO blocking.

We due and I only added it because it was sound and actually was easy to adjust and the kids got and it added some punch on certain plays were double teams happen.

ReplyQuote
coachdoug
(@coachdoug)
Gold
Topic starter  

I don't know if I would want to spread it out with just 6 plays though.

As I was doing this exercise, I had that exact thought.  If this really was a restriction I had to live with, I'd probably scrap my entire offense and go with some flavor of
"Wing" (i.e. DW, SW, or Wing-T).

Video clips: www.youtube.com/footballcoachdoug
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/footballcoachdoug

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

That could work just as well in hs. Trap with 8yo is iffy.

True.  I really don't run trap.  DTs aren't consistsnt enough.

I'd sub Blast in there for Trap then I guess.

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4
Share: