Notifications

Yet another "D" for my 7-8's  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
September 30, 2019 12:42 pm  

I like the 18/19 Sweep against that look, with the QB reversing out. One of the teams in my league also has success by motioning the halfback out and then running a quick pitch behind him.

Tried the first but they are too fast and get the DE too deep.  The second though might work.  Will give it a try.  Thanks!

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
September 30, 2019 12:43 pm  

Not for nothing but did crossfire "cross" your mind

🙂

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 6, 2019 8:19 pm  

So, yes.  I'm still undefeated with my 7-8's who have not been scored on.  I did widen my splits and add the first two plays of "Cross Fire" and they worked well though I soon needed the other two plays of the series as well. 

I have a paper line.  Two can't block (four counting the TE's).  They all have good angles on LB's but no skill and not much effort.  Anything I can do to make them better?  It used to be legal to hit a LBer at the waist and then slide down the front of his legs.  Not sure anymore.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
October 7, 2019 6:26 am  

It used to be legal to hit a LBer at the waist and then slide down the front of his legs.  Not sure anymore.

Are you asking about what the rules actually say, or making a comment about how your officials judge things?  Many coaches suspect officials miss the initial contact, just see a body on a body below the waist, and assume that's how the hit occurred.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 7, 2019 11:28 am  

Are you asking about what the rules actually say, or making a comment about how your officials judge things?  Many coaches suspect officials miss the initial contact, just see a body on a body below the waist, and assume that's how the hit occurred.

Which is exactly why I never used it.  But it is legal?

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
October 7, 2019 12:34 pm  

It should be by most rule standards BUT the refs may think the block started below the waist, ie. second shove gets the unsportsmanlike flag.

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 13, 2019 5:25 am  

More information:

First, I'm still undefeated with the highest scoring offense in the league and the lowest scoring defense,  But I worry about this 8-3.  Since my first post I have collected the additional information:

.........B.......M.......B
......E..C.T.G....G.T.C..E
.........O.O.O.0.O.O.O
..................O
..................O
...............O....O

So if I split my TE's it looks like this:

............B......M.....B
......C...E.T.G....G.T..E...C
......O.....O.O.0.O.O......O
..................O
..................O
...............O....O

So the B's don't care what my ends do.  Ideas on how to attack?

We maybe/might be able to pass.

ReplyQuote
Steve
(@steve)
Bronze
October 13, 2019 7:30 am  

More information:

First, I'm still undefeated with the highest scoring offense in the league and the lowest scoring defense,  But I worry about this 8-3.  Since my first post I have collected the additional information:

.........B.......M.......B
......E..C.T.G....G.T.C..E
.........O.O.O.0.O.O.O
..................O
..................O
...............O....O

So if I split my TE's it looks like this:

............B......M.....B
......C...E.T.G....G.T..E...C
......O.....O.O.0.O.O......O
..................O
..................O
...............O....O

So the B's don't care what my ends do.  Ideas on how to attack?

We maybe/might be able to pass.

I think you could pass. Send the right TE on a corner route and send your FB on a flat route. Roll the QB to the right. If your QB has a decent arm he hits the corner route. If not hit the flat. Or have him run. You have the 3 options. Use the RH to block the end and the LH picks up leakage.

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 14, 2019 9:39 pm  

I think you could pass. Send the right TE on a corner route and send your FB on a flat route. Roll the QB to the right. If your QB has a decent arm he hits the corner route. If not hit the flat. Or have him run. You have the 3 options. Use the RH to block the end and the LH picks up leakage.

Thanks.  It turns out they have a solution to that.  The corner jams the TE on the line. 

I am getting worried.  I have not seen how my 7-8's can beat them in the title game.  Need more ideas.

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
October 15, 2019 6:37 am  

Thanks.  It turns out they have a solution to that.  The corner jams the TE on the line. 

I am getting worried.  I have not seen how my 7-8's can beat them in the title game.  Need more ideas.

Waggle out of your crossfire buck series?

Can you unbalance your line?

Motion a back? If you can theres a lot of "wing bone" out there.

They don't have enough when parts move pre snap imo.

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
October 15, 2019 6:44 am  

This is a great formation to run End Around from.  3 lead blockers coming out of the backfield (and a puller, if you want one), makes for a successful sweep, with the QB handing off/booting out the backside.  It also makes for a good roll-out passing series because the backfield can easily lead the QB on a roll-out when throwing to the PSTE, BSTE, or having a backfield blocker become a receiver.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
United States
October 15, 2019 8:54 am  

Pass right 1 open

I would still wedge that front

Midline

You may have to "Flex" one of your backs to the right and run 47 speed for championship have the FB kick the end. You are going to have to break ranks bossman.

Don't show it till the ship

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond
October 15, 2019 10:57 am  

FB dive and then FB dive fake, end around left/right look good to me.

ReplyQuote
Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 15, 2019 11:05 am  

Can you go end over?

ReplyQuote
Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 15, 2019 11:53 am  

Go end over.  If they adjust, run load option/qb kick to the short side.  You can motion one of the backs out wide to the shortside and see if they cover the eligible tackle.  If they don't adjust you should have a bubble or exploitable angle to the tackle over side.
Don't be afraid of these bums!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: