Notifications

Yet another "D" for my 7-8's  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 16, 2019 12:06 am  

Yes.  I can go "End over" but don't know their response. 

When you say "load option/qb kick" what do you mean by that?

I tried inside veer tonight against a scout "D" but nothing.  The clock is ticking.

"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
October 16, 2019 4:49 am  

I think you could pass. Send the right TE on a corner route and send your FB on a flat route. Roll the QB to the right. If your QB has a decent arm he hits the corner route. If not hit the flat. Or have him run. You have the 3 options. Use the RH to block the end and the LH picks up leakage.

Why so complicated with 8Us?  Just a quick dive fake to the FB and pop one to a TE into the space the MLB is filling from.  Cut the DGs (preferably crab technique if the geometry's right so the OGs can be doing it while stepping across) to make a clear lane for the QB to throw in.  If the FB's faking on the same side the QB has to look (preferable), have the FB flop down (really dive) so as to get under the QB's line of sight.

You could combine this with guard over or tackle over and have the short side end or long side end be the receiver, whichever gets the easier release, but I don't think doing that would be worth the practice time unless you're already planning on going unbalanced.

ReplyQuote
Rockets11
(@rockets11)
Bronze
October 16, 2019 5:24 am  

When you say "load option/qb kick" what do you mean by that?

[/quote

I just meant either play. Whichever one you'd prefer.  I didn't know if you would be allowed to run option.  Inside veer was another suggestion that i had.

Im actually in the opposite boat as you because we have a full house team at our level that is vastly  physically superior to everyone else and hasnt lost in over 3years that runs full house T. We used this defense to slow them down but still lost 12-7 although the defense only gave up one score.  This team has scored at least 30 every other game.

The score we gave up was to aTE end around.  That is a play that you might want to look at as well.

The reality is unless you are physically superior, you are probably going to have to "gimmick" them for a score.  So unbalanced formations, option,  reverse,  screen passes etc.
Hopefully you can get a cheap one or two and the defense can do the rest

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
October 31, 2019 12:46 pm  

I play them this weekend for the championship.

ReplyQuote
Wing-n-It
(@robert)
Platinum Moderator
October 31, 2019 12:48 pm  

I play them this weekend for the championship.

Good luck Clark

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

ReplyQuote
DumCoach
(@dumcoach)
Diamond
November 3, 2019 5:40 pm  

I got beat.  That's very disappointing.  It's disappointing because I almost never get beat but it was not unexpected.  It was because I knew I had a problem that I posted here numerous times for suggestions.  The solutions were not obvious.

Here was their "D" again:

B        B        B
  E C  T G    G T  C  E
      O O O 0 O O O
              O
              O
          O      O

And - Yes - the organization I coached for required I run a wishbone offense.  If you want to get 2-3 yards a carry, just run wishbone against the above "D" and with no ability to pass. 

So I was already toast to begin with.  But mine was the only organization's team to make the championship game.  So while they weren't looking I came up with these two plays:

B    B      B            C
            C       E TG  GT        E
            O        OO0OO  O
                            O                    O
                        O
                            O 

I ran jet sweep to the FL in bold.  He was my fastest player and should have scored. 
Nope!  He was lucky to make 2 yards. 

I also did this with wide splits.  Eight on the line cannot defend ten gaps:

B              B              B
          E C      T G      G  T      C  E   
            O  O  O O 0  O  O  O  O
                            O

O

Those offensive guards in bold are my two HB running backs.  They are only there to block those two DG's for "20 Midline". 

Meanwhile, I have people here to thank.  Dave Potter for "Circle of Death" (I included "Whose ball is it?" in "Circle of Death") and for "Meet me in the alley".    I ran Jack's "6-3" by rule but ran it right.  I have 18 years of coaching experience but you can always learn from somebody. 

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
November 4, 2019 3:33 am  

Practice spies? Thats a new one, sorry it ended that way clark.  Great run, sure the kids will remember it fondly

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
November 4, 2019 5:45 am  

Practice spies? Thats a new one,

Not only that, but from Clark's description, it looks like he had to hide things even from his own organization!

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
November 4, 2019 8:44 am  

Not only that, but from Clark's description, it looks like he had to hide things even from his own organization!

I can break knee caps for baked goods just let me know 😉

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: