Notifications
Clear all

No Huddle for Bobblehead

wmoor014
(@wmoor014)
Bronze
Topic starter  

Coach Gregory:

I want to run a no huddle system using the Buck/Belly/Fenton/Jet Seriers using Tight, Shift, and Nova formation for 7 and 8. Any suggestions on how to install. I have purchased all your material but I have not seen a system maybe that would be applicable to that agre group.

Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold

Coach Gregory:

I want to run a no huddle system using the Buck/Belly/Fenton/Jet Seriers using Tight, Shift, and Nova formation for 7 and 8. Any suggestions on how to install. I have purchased all your material but I have not seen a system maybe that would be applicable to that agre group.

What advantages do you see getting from tight, shift and nova. Wouldn't it be better to run shift only and use loose, over, loose over and trips. Looks like you can manipulate the deense better that way.

Jack, what's your take on this. I'm still trying to comprehend why use 3 fullhouse formations ?.

Helmet Decals
http://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Coach Gregory:

I am coaching my son's six year old team this year.  I have no intention of huddling.  We will go no huddle with the plays we will run on the wrist coach.  10 at most...and less at the beginning of the season (4 to 6).

Jack

Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

What advantages do you see getting from tight, shift and nova. Wouldn't it be better to run shift only and use loose, over, loose over and trips. Looks like you can manipulate the deense better that way.

Jack, what's your take on this. I'm still trying to comprehend why use 3 fullhouse formations ?.

For what its worth I plan I using two formations to start with NOVA and TIGHT with LOOSE as an edge tag.  That is so we can work on UNCOVERED PASSING as I expect to see a lot of uncovered receivers at this age level.  We will start with BUCK, BELLY and FENTON WEDGE and work upto ROCKET/JET motion. 

The beauty of this is we are only installing the WEDGE SCHEME and including the ARC TAG for the perimeter plays.  BUCK and BELLY give us 3 plays each (1 Passing play (RUPO off of QB BOOT)).  Fenton will give us two more plays with and one being a pass play.  In total taht is 8 plays so I have some flex for two additional plays...which will probably be the JET and ROCKET sweep off those actions.  We will tie in the uncovered pass when we go loose but that will be a audible for the QB.

Jack

ReplyQuote
wmoor014
(@wmoor014)
Bronze
Topic starter  

In Pop Warner for my 7 year olds you only split one player off about 4 or 5 yards. Coach any inout on how you will run the no huddle and install or will it be similar to whats in your gun book?

ReplyQuote
Aodaddy
(@aodaddy)
Copper

For what its worth I plan I using two formations to start with NOVA and TIGHT with LOOSE as an edge tag.  That is so we can work on UNCOVERED PASSING as I expect to see a lot of uncovered receivers at this age level.  We will start with BUCK, BELLY and FENTON WEDGE and work upto ROCKET/JET motion. 

The beauty of this is we are only installing the WEDGE SCHEME and including the ARC TAG for the perimeter plays.  BUCK and BELLY give us 3 plays each (1 Passing play (RUPO off of QB BOOT)).  Fenton will give us two more plays with and one being a pass play.  In total taht is 8 plays so I have some flex for two additional plays...which will probably be the JET and ROCKET sweep off those actions.  We will tie in the uncovered pass when we go loose but that will be a audible for the QB.

Jack

Coach,
I have like three of your play books. I cannot find this Nova formation......please help!

ReplyQuote
coachgregory
(@coachgregory)
Platinum

Coach,
I have like three of your play books. I cannot find this Nova formation......please help!

Here you go:

ReplyQuote
dmercer
(@dmercer)
Bronze

I am coaching my son's six year old team this year.  I have no intention of huddling.  We will go no huddle with the plays we will run on the wrist coach.  10 at most...and less at the beginning of the season (4 to 6).

Jack

How do you finance the purchase of wrist coaches for a whole team?

ReplyQuote
Coach bromley
(@coach-bromley)
Copper

We run a very simple no huddle for the 7/8 year old team.  You are going to be limited in the number of plays and formations because most wrist coaches that fit the young kids are very small, unless you wanted to alter the bigger ones.

We ran only out of tight last year, but if you want multiple formations, I would suggest a wrist coach with the assignment for each kid and a way of calling plays.  our wrist coach was the small rawlings model.  It had 3 panels.

We had each panel color coded, we also gave them a city name and a number.  So our first panel was colored Red/1/Detroit

We then had 7 lines on each wrist coach numbered by 10's from 10- 70

The play sheet is on the first tab of the excel document.  So we could call super power left 3 ways:

one - 20
red - 20
Detroit - 20

We are adding formations this year 9/10 team.  I intend to have formation calls.  We are going to use Shift but we will call it Tomahawk.  So I will yell Tomahawk, Tomahawk (Detroit 30) this will be FB wedge out of the Shift formation.  Keeps it simple.  I will also probably redo my call sheet to list plays by formation on one side and plays on the other.  As some plays will not be available out of some formations. 

It was really simple last year and the kids loved it.  We averaged a play every 17 seconds so it keeps it moving.  any questions feel free to email.  Hope this helps.

sbromley@paicapital.com

"Always play hard, because losing sucks"

"greatness rarely occurs by accident"

ReplyQuote
Share: