Notifications
Clear all

Where are you coaching next year?

Page 1 / 9

Tripwire
(@tripwire)
Gold
Topic starter  

I saw a few guys talking about where they will  be next year and what level.  Figured I would make a post to try to keep it in my head where everyone will be!

I am not sure yet honestly.  My son will move on to Freshman ball next year so I am open.

It will likely be 1 of 3 spots.  HC at JPW level, DC at JM level or OC/DC at Unlimited Level, all D2 Pop Warner.

I have to speak with some of the coaches and staff to see what is the best fit for me.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

T

My son and I have been coaching together for many many years and have been trying to hold it together the last few seasons.

Its now impossible. We will have to split up in 2015 because there are just too many Grand Kids playing now so we will end up coaching different teams.

Its going to be very odd for the both of us.

That means I have to become a HC again. That is going to blow chunks.  🙁

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

Most likely D1 jm for Ft Pierce. I think with PSL making it to nationals the Region will force our conference to split and go D1 and D2(we are currently D2 and D3). That makes 10 teams from our conference making it to nationals with 5 titles(maybe 6 if PSL wins today) sonce 2008 so I get why they would want us but it is the same teams(PSL having 5 of the 10 btw). We don't have enough teams to really support splitting as we are supposed to lose a few associations this off season. Much of our conference has no business being D1, small towns basically which want to remain D3. There will be MAYBE 5 D1 teams, probably 3 or 4 which makes it kinda silly.
I would love to drop down and take the jpw kids but I don't see it happening.

ReplyQuote
jrk5150
(@jrk5150)
Diamond

I don't know. 

We have a numbers issue in our program right now, so not sure that we will have enough to field the team I've been coaching the past 7 years which is a second Jr. Pee Wee (Pop Warner) team in our org.

We may have a HC opening at Pee Wee.  If we do I will probably try for that, but I would say I am at best 50/50 to get it.  Largely depends on who else applies.

So as of now, and I won't really know for sure until probably May, in order of likelihood I could end up an AC again on the team I've been with, the HC for the Pee Wee team, an AC with my current HC for the Pee Wee team, not coaching at all, a bag-holder for the other Jr. Pee Wee team in our org, or the HC for the team I'm on now.

I would imagine before May that list will shorten.  The Pee Wee team will likely get resolved in March/April, as will whether the HC I've been with the 10 years I've coached comes back.  But the issue of whether we have a second Jr. PW team likely will go all the way to our final registrations in May.

ReplyQuote
Dimson
(@dimson)
Diamond

I will most likely end up 1 of 3 places. 2 of the spots are at the org I am currently at where I will either be the OC of our 8U team or the OL coach for our 12U or 14U teams. Or I could end up at a high school, coaching on their JV staff. Most likely as the OL coach, but I am open for whatever. The high school gig is mainly going to come down to my work schedule and if I can find a way to make that work.

ReplyQuote
CoachSugg
(@coachsugg)
Silver

Same place. Small town league SW of OKC.  8u (7-8) football!!

Kent Sugg
Bridge Creek, OK

ReplyQuote
davecisar
(@davecisar)
Diamond

Not sure

If a network picks up our Worst to First TV show- I could be coaching ANYWHERE in the US

If not- my youth program in Nebraska had a bit of a down year- only 2 of the 4 teams made the playoffs. We had 3 teams in 2013 and went a combined 34-1. Our youngest team lost 3 games, most ever in the programs history of 11 years here.

They didn't do the open house sign up we usually do- but already have 40 kids returning for the 5-6 grade teams- 18 for the 7-8t graders and 12 for the 3-4 graders.
I would coach the 3-4 graders as my youngest will be entering 3rd grade. Should be able to field a full squad of 24-25 once we have open signups at school

However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.Winston Churchill

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver

I'll be coaching my son's team for our 3rd year in our Denver area league.

I absolutely LOVE coaching and allow it to take over my life before, during and after the season but I can't imagine making this kind of commitment if my kid was't on the team.  I don't know how some of you do it.  We will be a 5th grade team next year (teams in our league are based on grade, not age or weight) which means we will be moving up one size for footballs, this will be our last year on 60 yard fields. We are moving up from Div 2 to Div 1 so it should be a pretty big challenge for our boys. 

ReplyQuote
RJGiants75
(@rjgiants75)
Bronze

Not sure myself.

If the organization I am currently with doesn't move all of our 9 year olds up to JPW, then I'll be back with my MM team. If they move the 9's all up to JPW, then I will be a coach at that level.

If things don't look promising for the organization as a whole then I will go over a town to AYF, where we don't know many people. My other option would be to join the town where my son plays baseball and I know some coaches. Only problem there is that I wouldn't have much say as I will be the new/low man on the totem pole. 

ReplyQuote
PioneerCoach
(@pioneercoach)
Bronze

I am taking a year off after the last nine years on grass. In addition to spending some extra time with my wife and daughter, I'm planning to pull a Dave Cisar and spend some time studying  successful and unsuccessful teams in our area.  Anyone around west/central NJ want to let me come watch their practices next fall?

-Craig

"February: I want to run triple option from the single wing, but with a pass option, too. Should the end run a post or a corner?
September: Any advice on how to get my center to snap it properly?"

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

If I'm still living here, then I may or may not keep coaching with the club where I've been since 2010.  The administration's changing, and I'm not sure how I'll feel about whoever takes over.  The current dir. of football ops. has been in since 1952!  But also this time I'd insist on a position that lets me run my own offense.  If I'm living here and want to switch to another club, such as bxdefense's, that'll still have to depend on my schedule & transport'n.

If I'm living elsewhere, I'll have a car, and would look into possibilities there.  It would likely mean that I'd gotten a job in the vicinity, and then it'd be a question of whether my schedule would fit.

ReplyQuote
Coach_O
(@rob_coach_o)
Gold

Looking for a fresh start and want to coach at a first come, first serve league. I will not recruit this season.

Helmet Decals
http://Facebook.com/SportsLiveDecals

ReplyQuote
seanie12
(@seanie12)
Copper

I would love to keep my Mighty-mite team together who placed 2nd in the nation at the UYFL championships this seasonand take them to 10U, but that particular level is extremely weak in our football conference and we would have to play a lot of "out of conference" games.  If not, I'll probably stay at MM, half of my team is staying and there are some good talent coming up from the Bandit level.  We should be good next season, Florida good, who knows?

ReplyQuote
Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond

I know this might sound crazy....after coaching 14U All Americans and winning a super bowl championship, Ill be coaching with an Arena Football League Expansion Team....

they will play in this league... http://gocif.net/.

I was named the offensive and defensive line coach, a couple weeks ago. I am probably the only guy in history to jump from youth football to professional football in one year.  LOL

Hey, congratulations.  Not bad to get paid for something you'd willingly do as a hobby, huh?

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

I know this might sound crazy....after coaching 14U All Americans and winning a super bowl championship, Ill be coaching with an Arena Football League Expansion Team....

they will play in this league... http://gocif.net/.

I was named the offensive and defensive line coach, a couple weeks ago. I am probably the only guy in history to jump from youth football to professional football in one year.  LOL

M

I coached in the same type of deal about 10 years ago.

WATCH YOUR BACK. I got out because of all of the dirty dealing that went on. The League was wrought indiscretions.  There might be more crooks than not so PAY ATTENTION and never agree to an expense account where YOU get reimbursed.

Hopefully your experience is far better than mine was and Im sure not all Leagues are the same but I thought I'd throw this out there for you since you mentioned "expansion". That usually translates into no money / no experience. The way they treated the players was despicable.

Good luck.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 9
Share: