Where are you coach...

Notifications
Clear all

Where are you coaching next year?

Page 2 / 9

CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

I coached Tiny Mites this year and was also league President. I am up for reelection this year. If I win I wont coach in 2015. I'd really like to not be President and coach Tiny Mites again next year. But that looks unlikely.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Hey Mike...

Thanks for the advice...the owner is a multi millionaire with several business ventures, one being a sports management agency  http://www.worldwidecareermanagement.com/ hes a pretty astute entrepreneur. I don't think capital or treating players will be an issue, Chicago has had a long history of having great Arena teams...The Chicago Rush and the Chicago Slaughter both teams that thrived here for along time, but are gone now. He is looking to fill that void in the market, with a good brand and talented players.

We have 17 guys signed already that have former NFL playing experience, who were either rostered at one time...in rookie training camp, or played on a practice squad, all these guys are still in their mid 20's looking for that second or third shot back into the NFL. We had a tryout camp a month ago with about 70 man turnout, some really good local college talent coming out...we didnt sign one guy that day. This is a pretty serious football operation. I truly caught a blessing. I am looking forward to the challenge of coaching men, and refining technique, and not having to teach fundamental over and over and over again. 

M

You WILL have a blast....no doubt. And you will learn a TON. Just pay attention is all Im saying. Our owner was a multi millionaire as well and is now in prison on 170 counts of Mortgage Fraud. 

There are some seriously shady characters in this profession. Really surprised me too include Budwiser. Those guys will cut you right in half while laughing at you.  That aside...keep us posted on how it goes. Fun times for sure.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite

Hey Mike...

Thanks for the advice...the owner is a multi millionaire with several business ventures, one being a sports management agency  http://www.worldwidecareermanagement.com/ hes a pretty astute entrepreneur. I don't think capital or treating players will be an issue, Chicago has had a long history of having great Arena teams...The Chicago Rush and the Chicago Slaughter both teams that thrived here for along time, but are gone now. He is looking to fill that void in the market, with a good brand and talented players.

We have 17 guys signed already that have former NFL playing experience, who were either rostered at one time...in rookie training camp, or played on a practice squad, all these guys are still in their mid 20's looking for that second or third shot back into the NFL. We had a tryout camp a month ago with about 70 man turnout, some really good local college talent coming out...we didnt sign one guy that day. This is a pretty serious football operation. I truly caught a blessing. I am looking forward to the challenge of coaching men, and refining technique, and not having to teach fundamental over and over and over again. 

M

One other note....coaching men will change how you coach youths as well. Its a real eye opener. I cant really describe it but you will certainly get it pretty quickly. Its a great experience.

Good luck.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

We move up from 5U to 14u with same teams. I was approached to coach with our other 10u team. We had combined 15 9 year old and 28 10 year old kids. Don't know if I will. I feel like I would be betraying those kids I had coached.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond

I move up with my Squad.  7th Grade.

Hope to get a few more kids on the roster.  Would like 22 minimum.  Sitting at 18 now.  I have already secured another (young) coach for next year (3 of us).  Our round table meetings will start in February. Would like to have 1 or 2 more coaches.   

Round Table:  I have JR's Split 4-4, A 4-2-5, and our base 6-3.  They are going to study and convince me one of the 3. 

Offense will be my realm.  Round Table:
Zone Scheme or Scoop/Backer

While I have the final say I want to see how much they put into studying!  I want them to work in the off season.  Why?  I have 2 years left as Header and then I hang up the Clip Board and Whistle. Will I quit?  Probably not, but its time for someone else to step up and put in the work!  Time for me to step back and play AC/OC/Tee Holder. Let someone else take the pressure of Header.  I will be about 57 at that time.  😉

Got a Harley calling my name, wanting to stretch its legs!  8) 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
joshv155
(@joshv155)
Platinum

No idea right now.

Two coaches from our org have called me and asked to get together just so I can help them prepare to be HC's. Guys I have never talked to or worked with but somehow they got my info. I thought that was pretty cool. People want my help ? I am usually the one needing help...well at least I can pass on all the stuff I have stolen from coaches here. First piece of advice will be to get on this site....

I may try and get on as an AC with the HS freshman team. I would love to just coach the line or be responsible for one position.

Have thought about dropping down and starting all over with a 9-10 year old team.

But who knows......I am waiting on hearing about a work promotion that would make things easier. I burned about 8-10 hours of vacation time a week coaching these past few years.

I am already itching to get going again so I am sure I will be doing something.

Passio Bellator

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite

Got a Harley calling my name, wanting to stretch its legs! 

Got a 1200 Harley, 750 Yamaha and now an 800 Suzuki calling me.  Alas, it's December.  But the Suzuki has a windscreen so winter riding is a bit more comfortable.

Next season?  Have been offered a head coaching position with my youth org, coaching Junior PeeWees.  They want to get started in February, but want me to decide now.  I've talked to a couple of guys I've coached with before to see if they are interested in working together.  They are.  Still wondering about a high school gig, however.  CHS may cut me loose if I don't coach there next year.  I'm taking up a teaching position that they could use as a coach.  We'll see...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
darthdaddy17
(@darthdaddy17)
Bronze

I have really began to lean towards taking the AC position at the pee wee level that I mentioned in another post. I have some really talented kids moving up and I think it would be a blast to continue coaching them.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit. -Vince Lombardi

ReplyQuote
akpoole
(@akpoole)
Bronze

I'll be taking over as organization president.  I won't be coaching.  I'll probably help out where I can.  This is a good thing because my daughter will be a senior in high school, with a very busy schedule and my son will be a high school freshman and playing football.  Not being a coach can mean I can spend more time away from practices and spend more time with my kids. 

As a board member, my busiest time is from January to July.

God created five seasons:  Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall, and last but definitely not least . . . FOOTBALL!!

ReplyQuote
CoachAnthony
(@rushbuster70)
Bronze

I'll stay where I am at 1 more year. 9th grade head coach at my HS. I want to move to varsity soon but I will tough out another year on freshman.

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum

I was approached by a coach in my org, with same age group, to combine our teams. They had won the championship in our toughest division. In total we had 16 kids playing up a year. He suggest having those younger kids combine and create there own team and we combine for another. Having seven kids show up for trophy ceremony has me question whether I keep this team. Plus some of my older kids will lose playing time. I am thinking about it, but don't want to betray my kids. Should I even consider this? Do I want to be a HC or an assistant? I like having the direction of my team in my hands, but would also love to teach just a couple of positions. I am having team party in January, guess I will discuss with my assistants on direction I should take.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold

Moving up with my team, they will be 8 next season, 2nd year of tackle, and I think I am returning all 16 boys, hopefully our numbers go up in the age group so I can have a few more bodies, I'd like to have 18...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Coach Kyle
(@coach-kyle)
Platinum

I'll be the head coach of the freshman team for the Livonia Blue Jays. Should be fun.

Deaths while walking 4,743Deaths from football 12

ReplyQuote
Football365
(@football365)
Bronze

Could be a busy year for me this year  ???....WR coach HS varsity, Assistant coach HS freshman, also been asked to be OC for pee wee team(last year went undefeated but lost in 2nd round of playoffs with 0 points) and would like to help  some if possible with youngest sons team(JM) if there is any time left. Oldest son will be a freshman in HS.

ReplyQuote
Vince148
(@vince148)
Gold

Our HS HC resigned a couple of weeks ago, so right now my HS coaching position is up in the air. The job has been posted, but it could be the end of January when we find out who will be taking over.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 9
Share: