Notifications

Pass Rules - Drops -Exchanges  

RSS

Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
March 14, 2019 4:45 pm  

Pass Drops Rules ..........   

Head Coach Tito CorreaMeriden Raiders 14-UOffense-Hybrid WingDefense - Odd- Stack

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
March 14, 2019 5:44 pm  

Tito:

Question.  Sam playing a stagger with Right foot Slightly forward on, outside shade,  against the TE. 

Explain how he steps forward and engage the shoulder with the right hand?  Not calling you out just running it through my pea brain.  To my thinking if I want to "Stone" the TE I would have my left foot forward so that, when I take the initial step forward with my right foot, I have more weight and leverage (Right Foot-Right Hand) on the TE outside shoulder to crash him down and/or stone his release.  Again not calling you out... Just blowing the Cob Webs off my Old Brain Cell.

Thanks for posting.

Dusty

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
March 14, 2019 5:46 pm  

Tito:

Question.  Sam playing a stagger with Right foot Slightly forward on, outside shade,  against the TE. 

Explain how he steps forward and engage the shoulder with the right hand?  Not calling you out just running it through my pea brain.  To my thinking if I want to "Stone" the TE I would have my left foot forward so that, when I take the initial step forward with my right foot, I have more weight and leverage (Right Foot-Right Hand) on the TE outside shoulder to crash him down and/or stone his release.  Again not calling you out... Just blowing the Cob Webs off my Old Brain Cell.

Thanks for posting.

Dusty

Were not stoning him we are stepping into him so we can get our reaction progression and we want it to be sudden plus it helps set edge easier by giving a better angle to clear hips.

Head Coach Tito CorreaMeriden Raiders 14-UOffense-Hybrid WingDefense - Odd- Stack

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
March 14, 2019 5:56 pm  

I've gone round and round about foot up foot back foot even. This is simply what we've done and has worked for us we've played with many things over the years . Not saying the other way is wrong just not how we do it . Remember we want to be able to squeeze inside run plays and spill we we would like to be able to frame blocker and ball and have the ability make a play on football when it gets lateral these little things help us to get there.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
March 14, 2019 6:01 pm  

Were not stoning him we are stepping into him so we can get our reaction progression and we want it to be sudden plus it helps set edge easier by giving a better angle to clear hips.

Stoning to me means "No Free Release".  I can "Jam/Stone" the TE which is essentially what your are talking about (in my pea brain).  I get your Flat coverage and not covering the #2 with a Backer. I can still play run or flat Putting a quick Hurt on the TE.  I think a lot of it, as always, has to do with Terminology more than anything else. ToMato , Tomato 🙂

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Coach Correa
(@coach-correa)
Gold
March 14, 2019 6:18 pm  

Stoning to me means "No Free Release".  I can "Jam/Stone" the TE which is essentially what your are talking about (in my pea brain).  I get your Flat coverage and not covering the #2 with a Backer. I can still play run or flat Putting a quick Hurt on the TE.  I think a lot of it, as always, has to do with Terminology more than anything else. ToMato , Tomato 🙂

I love the questions it makes me have to think. That whole stagger deal can be a thread in it self so can were you want to play edge guys theres a whole argument to playing wider i never will but Coaches do.

ReplyQuote
Share: