Notifications

Offense ( First practice tomorrow)  

Page 1 / 4
  RSS

Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 12:51 pm  

Ok guys. I will be helping our 8u team this year and I need a offensive system that will work great, by teaching good fundamentals without a lot of linemen pulling. I thought that I would be running the show this year, but things just changed on my behave, so we want to run a offense that he can relate to, but it is effective. For example, the head coach is a older guy who doesn't know much about the double wing or single wing, but he's familiar with the Power T, Wishbone, Split Backs, and Pro I, but which one would you guys prefer. I will be coaching the O-Line this year, but We need a simple offense that he can teach the QB and backs, but still be effective. Help me out guys please!!! Thanks!!

spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
July 29, 2019 12:57 pm  

what? no pullers? why not? they can pull at 8....

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 1:10 pm  

I know..I know..Please dont beat me up...

ReplyQuote
dollar
(@dollar)
Bronze
July 29, 2019 1:20 pm  

Run that Power I the Head Coach and then show him Crunch(Beast) from under center.

Teach GOD Blocking.

Make your best player QB.

Will Head Coach let you go No Huddle-Up Tempo?  Its deadly at 8's.

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 1:37 pm  

Run that Power I the Head Coach and then show him Crunch(Beast) from under center.

Teach GOD Blocking.

Make your best player QB.

Will Head Coach let you go No Huddle-Up Tempo?  Its deadly at 8's.

That sounds good. How would you teach the sweep from the I? Open or pivot ??

ReplyQuote
ZACH
 ZACH
(@bucksweep58)
Diamond
Coach
July 29, 2019 2:19 pm  

Simple offense

Mhcoach (joe) has his brooklyn power I which is a nice mesh of power I and T type principle.

For the bone ide look at barta bone references.

Theres some really good I stuff.

My opinion, ide run beast at 8s  at the very least youll have one play you can run bith sides thats effective,  even if the defense knows its comming ( beast blast)

I can explain it to you, I can't understand if for you.

ReplyQuote
terrypjohnson
(@terrypjohnson)
Bronze
United States
Head Coach
July 29, 2019 3:32 pm  

Ok guys. I will be helping our 8u team this year and I need a offensive system that will work great, by teaching good fundamentals without a lot of linemen pulling. I thought that I would be running the show this year, but things just changed on my behave, so we want to run a offense that he can relate to, but it is effective. For example, the head coach is a older guy who doesn't know much about the double wing or single wing, but he's familiar with the Power T, Wishbone, Split Backs, and Pro I, but which one would you guys prefer. I will be coaching the O-Line this year, but We need a simple offense that he can teach the QB and backs, but still be effective. Help me out guys please!!! Thanks!!

When faced with a similar situation last year, I went with a couple of different formations from the Single Wing. The look(s) I used include Coach Parker's Beast Formation and Coach Eien's fat formation. I reached out to Coach Wilkins and am going to use some of his UBSW plays. As he always does - Coach did a great job of simplifying it.

If you want to compare notes sometime let me know.

Coach Terry

Fight 'em until Hell freezes over, then fight 'em on the ice -- Dutch Meyer

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 4:19 pm  

I will be helping our 8u team this year and I need a offensive system

--Actually, you don't.  You need an inside play, an outside play, and a misdirection play.

we want to run a offense that he can relate to

--That "who" can relate to?

I will be coaching the O-Line this year

--Then why not teach pulling?

We need a simple offense that he can teach the QB and backs, but still be effective.

--Simplicity is not the issue.  Effectiveness is.  But this has all the common, typical marks of disaster written all over it.  Just sayin'...

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 4:23 pm  

For example, the head coach is a older guy who doesn't know much about the double wing or single wing, but he's familiar with the Power T, Wishbone, Split Backs, and Pro I, but which one would you guys prefer.

What difference does it make what we prefer?  You're the one coaching with a header who's "familiar" with a few offenses but isn't interested in other proven offenses.  Won't the choice be what he prefers, since you're coaching the offensive line?

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 4:26 pm  

by teaching good fundamentals without a lot of linemen pulling.

Chris asked you why there wasn't any pulling and you didn't bother answering.  Hard to help when you want us to answer questions but you aren't willing to answer them.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 4:32 pm  

For example, the head coach is a older guy

And....your point?

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 6:22 pm  

When faced with a similar situation last year, I went with a couple of different formations from the Single Wing. The look(s) I used include Coach Parker's Beast Formation and Coach Eien's fat formation. I reached out to Coach Wilkins and am going to use some of his UBSW plays. As he always does - Coach did a great job of simplifying it.

Coach Terry

I just got home from bible study. I would love for you to draw somethings up for me please..

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 6:26 pm  

DP... Im between a Rock and a hard place... I get it bud.. That question passed by me....had a lot going on early.. stop being a wimp dude .. my bad..smh

ReplyQuote
Riverside Knights 252
(@riverside-knights-252)
Copper
July 29, 2019 6:56 pm  

Coach Terry

Thank you coach!

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
July 29, 2019 7:07 pm  

DP... Im between a Rock and a hard place... I get it bud.. That question passed by me....had a lot going on early.. stop being a wimp dude .. my bad..smh

I don't even know what all this means.  So who's deciding on the offense?  You?  The header?  It seems that you throw different ideas into a conversation and then it's up to us to decipher it all.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: