RSS

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
April 30, 2016 8:34 pm  

The Option must be executed the same way every time!  Hence it is your offense. 

Every single play must be run ad nausea until it it perfected!  What does it mean The Read! The Read! The Read!  Best to err on the side of caution and make the inside handoff, than to misread the DE or OSLB and get stuffed or Fumble. 

Just my thoughts here I use a loaded option and make it 1 Read, the OSLB every play.  Why? 

I call the Dive regardless, I read the DT not the QB,  That leaves one simple read!  Even then its not as easy as one might think! 

Reps, Reps, Reps,!   

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
CoachDavidP
(@fizzlife)
Gold
May 1, 2016 7:22 am  

This is my plan also. Do you have any tricks for reading the Tackle from the sideline? Or is it just knowing who is making the tackle?

David (Fizzlife)Extreme Ownership -- Jocko Willink and Leif Babin

ReplyQuote
angalton
(@angalton)
Platinum
May 1, 2016 8:59 am  

Although I agree with the called dive, but I am going to teach the mesh and read. I also agree with the read, but the mesh points will be my number 1 focus. This will be the only way the read will have the eyes where they need to be. The confidence for the backs to be where they are supposed to be, is the only way the QB can make his read. Running belly will be my called dive play. The fullback dive read in the option is to awesome to pass on.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: