Notifications

MS flexbone passing game cut-ups  

RSS

flexbone
(@flexbone)
Bronze
February 20, 2017 2:06 pm  

Hi Gents,

Wanted to share our flexbone passing game on here, I put this under the option section because we ran triple. (if it's in the wrong spot, feel free to move it)

Many thanks to Joe MHCoach for his fade technique insights (Hope I did him proud lol) and also CoachOCD for his genius pass protection call. Thanks to this board in general and other coaches who I may have forgot!

Critique away! Don't just tell me I suck, tell me why! 🙂

MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 20, 2017 2:32 pm  

Flex

Good stuff!

PAW is like stealing. Even the ones you didn't complete open the box up.

The next one is to add the Post Curl call off the Post of the PAW. That was Coach DeBarry's favorite.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
flexbone
(@flexbone)
Bronze
February 20, 2017 2:51 pm  

Flex

I believe either you do things well or not at all. We have to be able to complete our Quick Screens at an 80% rate on air. If not find out why & fix it.

Here's a CP for the PAW concept. When coaching the QB, tell him he has to throw a ball the receiver can catch. Too often young QB's simply throw as far as they can. The other thing is timing, make sure he doesn't hold the ball too long. I noticed from your video your QB often waited about a 1/2 second too long. That's not bad but can be better.

Joe

Can you elaborate on throwing a ball the receiver can catch? My coaching point was to throw it to open grass and let the WR chase it down. I went to this because our QB was "under" throwing the ball, where the WR had to slow down, break stride, just to catch the football.

As far as timing, I wanted our QB to get back there, set and throw the ball ASAP. Will have to work on this some more, no offense to our OLINE but I wanted the ball out FAST cause I didn't want our QB taking hits

Can you elaborate on the Post Curl? WR runs his Post, Wing Curls (to the sideline?)? At what depth to make the timing work out?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 20, 2017 4:09 pm  

Flex

Think 3rd & 8... Instead of the #1 receiver running a Post he runs a Post Curl. #2 still runs the Wheel. It's just a tag of the same play.

On PAW, we teach our QB's the Post is a rhythm throw on a line, the Wheel is thrown with a little air. Young QB's just want to chuck it, instead it should be a ball they can get to.

When his last step hits the ground he then sets the ball,I teach him when that last step hits the ground he can stride & throw.

Hope that helps.

Joe

"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"Bill Walsh

ReplyQuote
flexbone
(@flexbone)
Bronze
February 20, 2017 4:16 pm  

Flex

Think 3rd & 8... Instead of the #1 receiver running a Post he runs a Post Curl. #2 still runs the Wheel. It's just a tag of the same play.

On PAW, we teach our QB's the Post is a rhythm throw on a line, the Wheel is thrown with a little air. Young QB's just want to chuck it, instead it should be a ball they can get to.

When his last step hits the ground he then sets the ball,I teach him when that last step hits the ground he can stride & throw.

Hope that helps.

Joe

Awesome Joe!

I apologize for the questions, I am a bit of an OCD on details and am intrigued by the Post Curl. How many yards/stride should #1 take vertically, before breaking into the post then how many strides before turning it into a curl? At what depth/yard does #1 begin to curl and what would the depth be when he catches it? I'm assuming #1 will catch it by the hashmarks (let's say the play started middle of the field)

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 20, 2017 4:41 pm  

Awesome Joe!

I apologize for the questions, I am a bit of an OCD on details and am intrigued by the Post Curl. How many yards/stride should #1 take vertically, before breaking into the post then how many strides before turning it into a curl? At what depth/yard does #1 begin to curl and what would the depth be when he catches it? I'm assuming #1 will catch it by the hashmarks (let's say the play started middle of the field)

Flex

Questions are always good. So no problem.

At our level its 5 steps vertical & 5 steps to the Post, we should be at 12 back to 10. Your level the same steps should be 10 back to 8. The land mark is the hash or a yard or two inside. The colleges will usually go 7 steps vertical then 5 to the post. I adjusted it. to match our post. It should get him into no man's land so it's an easy pitch & catch. The ILB has to step to the fake.

Joe

ReplyQuote
flexbone
(@flexbone)
Bronze
February 20, 2017 6:38 pm  

Got it!
Question for you:
Another tag I've thought about for the PAW is having the Wing turn his wheel into a comeback or an Out route at ~10-12 yards. What are your thoughts on that?

Side question: Would you happen to have film of the Post Curl I can see?

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 21, 2017 2:41 am  

Flex

I have video somewhere, I'll have to look. It's difficult because we can't post our HUDL clips randomly.

We tried turning the wheel into an out, but now you are allowing the coverage a chance to catch up.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
February 21, 2017 1:47 pm  

Flex

I have video somewhere, I'll have to look. It's difficult because we can't post our HUDL clips randomly.

We tried turning the wheel into an out, but now you are allowing the coverage a chance to catch up.

Joe

you can  and do clip games though, right?

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 21, 2017 1:57 pm  

My clinic topics are all backed up with video. Once the season ends we break down every play we run. However, other than a player's highlight tape(which the staff reviews first) nothing we do is public. My clinic tapes are also reviewed.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
February 21, 2017 1:59 pm  

My clinic topics are all backed up with video. Once the season ends we break down every play we run. However, other than a player's highlight tape(which the staff reviews first) nothing we do is public. My clinic tapes are also reviewed.

Joe

I am not asking if they are public, I do not care. But you do have the ability to watch an individual play, correct?

Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

ReplyQuote
MHcoach
(@mhcoach)
Diamond
Florida
February 21, 2017 2:07 pm  

Yes, we always have it broken down with notations.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Test Account
(@test-account)
Kryptonite
February 21, 2017 2:07 pm  

Yes, we always have it broken down with notations.

Joe

Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Share: