Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
June 21, 2019 2:06 am  

I just came across this.

lol

—Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
spidermac
(@spidermac)
Gold
June 21, 2019 5:58 am  

Like they say, football does not build character, it reveals it...the kid who answered was selfish...it was revealed, he wanted to rely on speed and athleticism instead of learning scheme and technique...

Like I have always said...the good stuff is always hard...

None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 21, 2019 9:59 am  

One of the Quora responses was right on the money. There is no "casual football" once you move on to HS. Or, if there is, your HS program probably sucks. Kids go from showing up to practice and working hard at practice a couple nights per week, then play a game on Saturday to weights, meetings, 2 a days, weights, conditioning, fundraising, camps, community services etc etc etc. Many of them learn the cold reality that HS football, as in life, there are no minimum play rules. As I've said in another thread, for some kids a tremendous amount of passion for the game is needed to endure HS football.

For me, it was simple. As a freshman and sophomore, my athleticism and smarts kept me on the field on O and D. After that, I was expected to outwork 10 other guys to get reps. That didn't sit well with me, so I quit. 17 year old me was a selfish, self-centered prick, so of course I didn't like HS football.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Share: