Colorado in the National News  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 21, 2019 5:18 am  

Fly's with honey.

Who else do you know that runs a business with his x wife?  ???

That's mostly because your ex wife is a gem.  ;D

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
June 21, 2019 1:56 pm  

So my youngest grandsons team....8 years old....lost their tournament game last night 8-7. Three horrible calls go against us from the 13 year old Ump who is apparently related to the opposing teams Manager.  The most blatant that was not subjective to anyone to include the opposing teams parents... was Catcher Interference with the score tied 7-7.  Score that run and the game ends.

Oh well. In hindsight...right then I should have hopped the fence and beat that Ump to a pulp....and made the national news.  😛

I mean seriously....hardware is at stake !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
DREagle
(@coyouthcoach)
Silver
June 24, 2019 1:38 pm  

I saw this on the news and guessed the organizations involved.  I was correct (actually named 3, because it was a bit of a toss up).

My son's team used to play against the ump's team, coached by the now director of that org who was one of the worst abusers of umps. This was when our boys were 7 or 8.  I'm unfortunately not even a little surprised at this. These are the same areas that follow refs and umps to the parking lot after games routinely.

ReplyQuote
gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
June 25, 2019 5:16 am  

I saw this on the news and guessed the organizations involved.  I was correct (actually named 3, because it was a bit of a toss up).

My son's team used to play against the ump's team, coached by the now director of that org who was one of the worst abusers of umps. This was when our boys were 7 or 8.  I'm unfortunately not even a little surprised at this. These are the same areas that follow refs and umps to the parking lot after games routinely.

I was not surprised that SW as involved, but was a bit surprised that they weren't the ones who instigated. They were quick to answer when provoked, though. I was surprised a bit by BC. I've only had one ugly experience with them, but that was back in 2007. Had a chat with our org pres last night about this subject. The league will now be directly fining HC's $200 any time someone from their team (parent or coach) ejected. A Quicken bill will be sent and the HC is suspended until that bill is paid.

They are also kicking around the idea of a "silent game", where one week of the season, the games are silent. Good luck with that.

I still think that they need to publish details about any discipline related issues. Name(s), teams, age group, details of the infraction and consequences. That way, the entire league knows that the issue is being taken seriously.

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: