Notifications

Feel good story  

RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
August 19, 2020 10:14 am  

One of Mahonz and my favorite former players texted me last night out of the blue. He's a Junior in HS now. He saw some Varsity action as a Freshman and was a rock star as a Sophomore. He's a Hmong kid and stands about 5' 5" is is probably the best pure athlete I've ever coached. An absolute joy to be around day in and day out. 

He wanted to thank us for "all we've done for him". He got invited to a National football camp and another all star game of some kind. I have no idea how significant these camps/games are, but they sure mean a lot to him and he wanted to thank us and share with us. He wanted the numbers of all the other coaches over the years so he could thank them too. He said he wouldn't be where is today with football if it weren't for us. 

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Illinois
Other
Club Admin
August 19, 2020 10:22 am  

Stuff like this makes it all worth it! 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
mahonz
(@mahonz)
Kryptonite
August 19, 2020 12:24 pm  

I was going to call you today and see if you got that text.  

Miss that young man. Very much. 🙂 

Funny story. After one of our games a few years ago me and my family head straight to a Chinese Lantern Launch at one of the local raceways. There are 8k people there and who do I see....this young man there with his family. So we join forces and hang out all night. I film everything so Im filming everything and this players mom waves me over. She wanted to introduce me to her Cousin. She was very concerned I was filming everyone and had no clue who I was. 

BTW if you have never been to a Lantern Launch it needs to go on your bucket list...check out the video after about 7 minutes.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

ReplyQuote
Share: