RSS

Bob Goodman
(@bob-goodman)
Diamond
New Jersey
3rd - 5th
Asst Coach
July 30, 2018 6:36 pm  

As frequently happens, the original poster, Wildcat53 in this case, hasn't come back to further explain the situation.  Meanwhile others are playing with words around the question.  None of this helps.

ReplyQuote
patriotsfatboy1
(@patriotsfatboy1)
Platinum
August 1, 2018 4:30 am  

One thing that I forgot to include in the discussion that I thought of at practice last night.  While I don't worry too much about kids fighting in the heat of the moment and we do absolutely address bullying, we do not ignore it. 

Just like I do with late hits after the whistle and egregious things that would be called a penalty in a game (by a "reasonable" referee, if they exist), I will give the players a penalty because they hurt the team.  It usually is just a run with the Godzilla, but we need to have kids understand that if they fight during a game or retaliate in certain circumstances, they are hurting their team and there are consequences (personal foul, ejections, etc.).  As such, we need them to learn that in practice and not in the game (preferably). 

ReplyQuote
Kevineverlast
(@kevineverlast)
Lurker
October 30, 2018 5:27 am  

I read put them against each other in tackling drills. Won’t that cause more tension ( one kid starts saying he is better? Question put them against each other in war? What is that drill

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share: