Notifications

"Punish" the player because of the parent?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

gumby_in_co
(@gumby_in_co)
Platinum
August 8, 2019 9:11 pm  

I guess no one listens to me when I've said it.

--Dave

More like, "I wasn't ready to hear it.". I was in my mid 30's when I first heard you saying it. I'm 49 now. I've mellowed.  😀

When in doot . . . glass and oot.

ReplyQuote
bdjackson
(@bdjackson)
Bronze
August 15, 2019 7:20 am  

So I was discussing this with one of my AC's just yesterday. He thinks that when we water break/teach (because I try my best to do both at once) that I shouldn't do it so close to the sidelines.

I disagree as I think that the parents hearing me teach even during water breaks only reinforces our dedication to the team and improving them as players. However, I am giving some consideration to moving the water bottles to the end zone on our quarter of the field, just to ensure I can get them all in one place quickly without breaking and parents wanting to sideline coach or chat with players. Just less distraction I guess, and they are still not that far from the parents if they want to scoot down the fence line a little.

Brian

Being Capable, first begins with being Confident.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 15, 2019 8:40 am  

So I was discussing this with one of my AC's just yesterday. He thinks that when we water break/teach (because I try my best to do both at once) that I shouldn't do it so close to the sidelines.

I disagree as I think that the parents hearing me teach even during water breaks only reinforces our dedication to the team and improving them as players. However, I am giving some consideration to moving the water bottles to the end zone on our quarter of the field, just to ensure I can get them all in one place quickly without breaking and parents wanting to sideline coach or chat with players. Just less distraction I guess, and they are still not that far from the parents if they want to scoot down the fence line a little.

Brian

Two things:  1) Since we coach transparently, I have no problem with parents hearing what we say or seeing how we teach.  2) "Water breaks" suck time off of practice and lead to chitter chatter.  We put our water at all of our stations so that players can get water any time, any place without us having to stop practice for it.

--Dave

"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Coach E
(@coache)
Gold
August 15, 2019 8:46 am  

2) "Water breaks" suck time off of practice and lead to chitter chatter. 

--Dave

Which can often lead to hijinx and tomfoolery...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.- Marcus Aurelius

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 15, 2019 8:51 am  

Which can often lead to hijinx and tomfoolery...

Which we will not have.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: "I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go."

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Monster
(@monster)
Gold
August 15, 2019 11:45 am  

Which we will not have.

--Dave

What about shenanigans?

Mission Statement: To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

ReplyQuote
CoachDP
(@coachdp)
Kryptonite
North Carolina
High School
August 15, 2019 11:48 am  

What about shenanigans?

Nope.  There are rules.

--Dave

#BattleReady newhope

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: