Notifications
Clear all

Resources for CB training

goose2w1
(@goose2w1)
Copper
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, I have a question about training CB's.  My son is a Sophomore this year is was originally going to split time between JV and Varsity, but due to a pair of serious injuries to the two starting varsity CB's, he's being immediately moved up to the varsity squad full time.  He's never really played CB before, mostly slot receiver and scat back duties.  I was wondering if anyone knew some good resources (books, videos) I could get for him to help him transition to this new position? 

WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

Hey everyone, I have a question about training CB's.  My son is a Sophomore this year is was originally going to split time between JV and Varsity, but due to a pair of serious injuries to the two starting varsity CB's, he's being immediately moved up to the varsity squad full time.  He's never really played CB before, mostly slot receiver and scat back duties.  I was wondering if anyone knew some good resources (books, videos) I could get for him to help him transition to this new position?

Phillip Blackwell has some good stuff on DBs. He played in the league and is also a good coach

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
WBCoach
(@rstockwell)
Bronze

I also went to a good glazier clinic with the Delaware corners coach this year. I think his name is baker(last name).If I can find his info I'll let you know

Team work: good as gold

ReplyQuote
PSLCOACHROB
(@pslcoachrob)
Kryptonite

His staff would be the best place to start. If he ask them to do some extra work with the db coach I am sure they would be thrilled. The problem with getting reading material is that there is always a bunch of ways to do things. Lots of different philosophies. So find out what his coach wants from him and build on that.

ReplyQuote
goose2w1
(@goose2w1)
Copper
Topic starter  

My son does morning and afternoon sessions with the DC and backs coach.  What I am looking for is more along the lines of fundamentals for the position I guess.  Getting hips turned, what o do with hands, what o watch for on receivers, things like that.

ReplyQuote
Share: