Notifications
Clear all

So here it is in Black and White!

Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Here's whats happening. Sadly we are losing a Board Member, A Coach, and a Player. Thank you to the Upton's for being an integral part of ACFO over the years! Thanks to Stephanie for her time on the Board. Good Luck in Rock Island! What does this mean?

We need another to fill her Board Position! If you like whats happening step up, if you don't care for things as they are, step up! Be it known this is not easy peasy! It is a lot of work, time, and effort! Be it known. I quote Spock here, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the one!" Being a Board Member has never been about the individual agenda. It is, first and foremost, about the needs of all 150 plus kids.

I have said it before and I will reiterate, we need new members. We encourage fresh Ideas about our (your) future. The ACF Board is not about the here and now but, about 3 to 5 years in the future. Your kids future! Its about sustaining and growing! It's about opportunity for years to come.

We can all sit back and watch-OR- we can choose to perpetuate ACF into the future! As one of the Founders, Coach, and Several time Board Member. I can tell you honestly that the future belongs to you! You the 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade Parent, You the K-1 Parent. My son is 6 years removed from JFL and 2 years removed from High School Ball. Yet I find ACF a worthy endeavor as opposed to hanging out at Casey's shaking down younger kids for change or smoking behind the schools.

After 13 years or so, This is my last "Hurrah" as a Board Member. I pledge my best to all. However, I also pledge to help whomever decides to step up and face the future! Can you think or a more worthy investment of time and effort than our kids?

The gauntlet is thrown! I challenge you now, before this season ever starts, to step up next year and be a part of 150 kids future opportunities! Trust me, its worth it!

I am open to discussion!

Most Sincerely
Scott Shadley
Director Of Operations

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

CoachJR267
(@coachjoel)
Silver

That letter is perfect. Do you mind if I copy it and send it to my parents after this season? Next year is my last with my org and we need some young parents to step up too.

To do what ought to be done but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.

ReplyQuote
Dusty Ol Fart
(@youth-coach)
Diamond
Topic starter  

Feel free to use Coach. 

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Share: